A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Suggestions

Go down 
+19
Orword
Malamute
lampourde
Hestis
Lopyod
Biel
meanwhale
Teowulff
Kalack99
thefloriantrout
Pseudonyme
KerenRhys
Garshell
Bertrand F
Voice of Olympus
Leonidas
Selkares
Hellikin
Cryocat
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hestis
Villager
Hestis

Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 5:03 am

Along those lines, having something similar to the "Dev Tracker" forums that video games have so that all the posts from Leo, QW, and any other Monolith/Mythic employees would be in one place.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 10:10 am

I'll have a word with the web guy and see what can be done. At present, my name is in red because I'm a Herald (mod). Plus, for anyone who was on the KS comments, my avatar should be familiar Wink
Back to top Go down
lampourde
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 12:07 pm

Hi all,
+1 for a colors change request. White writing on black background makes me think about 90's forums, and honestly make the reading painful (probably because my eyes are old and tired, but they feel like bleeding with this colour scheme).
Or allow users to select their own color scheme ?

Another suggestion : get inspired by the "The Overlord" forum, probably the best design and forum user experience i've had since a long time ...
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 12:34 pm

It is very easy for the forum admin to simply add skins(color schemes, overall look) that can be chosen by us... the lowly villagers. Usually 3 choices is enough. A dark one like the one being used. A light one basically the opposite of this with black lettering white background,... and a basic generic phpbb style that is slightly more compatible with mobile applications.

Me personally, I way prefer this type of scheme. black background with white lettering. Way easier on my retinas.

But, I am sure over a short time, the admins of the site can add a couple basic skins for people.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 12:37 pm

@lampourde - a Google search brings up loads of things for overlord forum. Which one do you mean?

As malamute says, we can probably add some choices. We're still learning the somewhat baroque admin end of this forum.
Back to top Go down
lampourde
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 12:46 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
@lampourde - a Google search brings up loads of things for overlord forum. Which one do you mean?

As malamute says, we can probably add some choices. We're still learning the somewhat baroque admin end of this forum.
sorry for being vague
I was thinking about the-overlord.com, the site dedicated to the Conan Community.
Really a "best practice" example, IMHO

[Edit] Why the hell can I not post a simple URL ???? (why this 7 days waiting period?)
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 12:50 pm

[quote="lampourde"]
Voice of Olympus wrote:

[Edit] Why the hell can I not post a simple URL ???? (why this 7 days waiting period?)

It helps prevent out of control spam bots. Usually the waiting period can be set on the backside, or overridden.

Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 1:45 pm

Malamute wrote:
It helps prevent out of control spam bots. Usually the waiting period can be set on the backside, or overridden.

Indeed, it's a security setting that can be turned off in the Admin Panel, but we'll have to wait a little before that happens.

Last edited by Orword on 31st December 2016, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 2:01 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
I'll have a word with the web guy and see what can be done. At present, my name is in red because I'm a Herald (mod). Plus, for anyone who was on the KS comments, my avatar should be familiar Wink

Your name isn't red ! silent

Actually, people's names become red when you have already visited their profile. Yours is white right now. ^^
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 2:09 pm

meanwhale wrote:
Actually, people's names become red when you have already visited their profile. Yours is white right now. ^^

Yes, same goes for the titles of the forum sections. Also, ranks are tied to the number of your posts, except special ones (like Admin or Herald) and don't posses particular permissions. You need groups instead to manage permissions and change name colors.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty31st December 2016, 3:08 pm

OK. Now I really do need to get hold of the web guy. Pesky holidays...
Back to top Go down
Raynz
Villager
Raynz

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty1st January 2017, 10:59 pm

Would be great if it could cache where you were in the thread as opposed to starting from the top each visit. Not sure if this is an easy or advanced thing to implement, but would be nice, especially as these threads start to fill up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hestis
Villager
Hestis

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty2nd January 2017, 6:52 pm

To the left of the title of the thread there is a little page icon that will take you to the first new post.
Back to top Go down
MaxC
Villager
MaxC

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty2nd January 2017, 8:53 pm

To go back to the sub-forums debate, I agree that sub-sections for each unit type is overkill, but I think it would be worth considering the addition of a Strategy board, as opposed to discussing it in the Gameplay section. Gameplay for general rules discussions/questions and for the beta rule updates, Strategy for discussing specific units, possible combos and tactics. They're two distinct things that would be worth keeping separate in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Asgo
Villager
Asgo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty4th January 2017, 10:34 am

I wouldn't have named the forum and site based on an inside joke. Wink
inside jokes and outside representation of an official forum doesn't mix well...
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty4th January 2017, 11:08 am

@Asgo - it's got to be called something, and for the next year our 13,600+ backers are the main group of people we'd expect to be here - and they are in on the joke Smile

Plus, what's bad about suggesting this is a good place? Most people seemed to rather like that idea...
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty4th January 2017, 11:10 am

@MaxC - I'm not convinced that discussion of units and tactics is anything other than game play. Plus, most people haven't actually played yet, so we haven't got a lot of good discussion of the units in practice. If and when we do get this then we can see if we need to break things down. That's always an option. I just don't see a need to do so yet.
Back to top Go down
Asgo
Villager
Asgo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty4th January 2017, 11:32 am

Voice of Olympus wrote:
@Asgo - it's got to be called something, and for the next year our 13,600+ backers are the main group of people we'd expect to be here - and they are in on the joke Smile

Plus, what's bad about suggesting this is a good place? Most people seemed to rather like that idea...
yeah for the backers it does work.

But I would have put mythic battles somewhere in the web address, it would be easier to google and associate with the game.
right now you have to do some serious google magic to find the site with the obvious keywords. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty4th January 2017, 11:37 am

Asgo, you are right concerning the URL. Mybe it will be fixed once integrated to the official website.
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty6th January 2017, 12:11 pm

I still think we REALLY need:

1. A GENERAL subforum. Questions about the deluxe game box, plegde levels and such don't belong to off-topic nor to gameplay. I still don't see how a forum can seriously have no General subforum.
2. Polls. Why aren't polls allowed?

Without these we'd better use the BGG forum.
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty6th January 2017, 12:28 pm

There are tons of things to be improved (for example forum width is currently 100% and that's just atrocious for the eyes), but - as I understand it- neither Leo or Quirkworthy currently have the right permissions to do any relevant changes. I guess we'll have to wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
Asgo
Villager
Asgo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty6th January 2017, 12:52 pm

Orword wrote:
There are tons of things to be improved (for example forum width is currently 100% and that's just atrocious for the eyes), but - as I understand it- neither Leo or Quirkworthy currently have the right permissions to do any relevant changes. I guess we'll have to wait! Smile
better than some small screen 600px fixed width or something like that. With 100% you can at least size it to your own needs.
who uses fullscreen anyhow Wink

Teowulff wrote:

1. A GENERAL subforum. Questions about the deluxe game box, plegde levels and such don't belong to off-topic nor to gameplay. I still don't see how a forum can seriously have no General subforum.
Ahh but when the Generals get their forum, next the Admirals need their own forum and down from there through the command chain - where should that end? Razz
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty6th January 2017, 12:56 pm

Asgo wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
Ahh but when the Generals get their forum, next the Admirals need their own forum and down from there through the command chain - where should that end? Razz
Only for those with the Poseidon expansion. We don't really have that much water maps (fortunately). Razz
So a general subforum is really paramount, as everyone will have land maps, even the core pledgers.
Back to top Go down
Asgo
Villager
Asgo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty6th January 2017, 1:06 pm

Teowulff wrote:
Asgo wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
Only for those with the Poseidon expansion. We don't really have that much water maps (fortunately). Razz
So a general subforum is really paramount, as everyone will have land maps, even the core pledgers.
jokes aside, I would agree that a general forum would be helpful otherwise the gameplay will probably used as that, which would be ok although it would be a bit of a misnomer for the meta aspects surrounding the game or any kickstarter related issues.
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty12th January 2017, 7:31 pm

Teowulff wrote:

2. Polls. Why aren't polls allowed?

With polls now added, I'll bump this thread to support the request for a General section. We definetely need that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next