A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum website too many full page ads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Enie
Villager
Enie

Forum website too many full page ads Empty
PostSubject: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty4th January 2017, 3:01 pm

I use my iPhone to check in on these forums and lately I have been getting a lot of full page ads when I navigate to these forums . These ads are not the banner ads but full page ads where you have to look for a slide/dismiss button to get back to forums. Very annoying!
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty4th January 2017, 3:19 pm

I know some forums have ads for guest users, and no ads for registered users. I wonder if this can be implemented here.
Back to top Go down
Enie
Villager
Enie

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty4th January 2017, 3:44 pm

Yeah , my iPhone is pretty much unusable now , I can get in through my pc browser fine as here the ads always seem to be smaller in size , but on iPhone they do full screen ads with hard to find close button.
Ads do not even disappear on a refresh of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Cap7deuce
Villager
Cap7deuce

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty5th January 2017, 5:50 pm

No problem on my andriod phone. Maybe you can change it on your mobile to desktop display version and it will work better.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty6th January 2017, 4:14 pm

I'm not sure what we can do about ads at this end. I'll ask.
Back to top Go down
Enie
Villager
Enie

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty6th January 2017, 4:22 pm

Last couple of days I have been getting ads similar to below almost every other click on the forum via iPhone.

From the desktop browser the forum website it is OK

Forum website too many full page ads Img_4910
Back to top Go down
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty6th January 2017, 4:35 pm

Yeah, I've had some ads on my iPhone, but usually I could just scroll past them.

Yesterday though I had one that hijacked the site - full page ad (like Enie's example above, but it was a different ad) that forced me to a different page.

That's bad news. Advertising is okay/expected on websites, but when they take you AWAY from the site, that's a problem.
Back to top Go down
Enie
Villager
Enie

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty6th January 2017, 7:53 pm

Hellikin wrote:

Yesterday though I had one that hijacked the site - full page ad (like Enie's example above, but it was a different ad) that forced me to a different page.

Yep, this is what happens repeatedly on my iPhone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum website too many full page ads   Forum website too many full page ads Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum website too many full page ads
Page 1 of 1