A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?

Go down 
+3
Sokoben
Fredk
uthin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
uthin
Villager

Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty
PostSubject: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty20th April 2017, 12:28 am

(Sorry for cross-posting from the KS comments section...)

Isn't the Minotaur fairly useless for Ares?

There are four pillars: north, south east, west. To get to the south and east pillars, the Minotaur must cross a rift. Being a monster, the Minotaur must pay two movement points to enter a rift area and cannot end its activation in that area. The Minotaur's movement is 1. Even when running, it is only ever going to get 2 movement points, so it will never be able to cross the rift.

Then I thought of its Charge power. It allows it to move two areas other than the one it starts in. Will that allow it to disregard the rules about where a unit can move and can't move based on terrain type? Such as a monster having to spend two movement points for crossing a rift etc? And if so, will it also be able to disregard the rule that says only units with the Climb talent can move into Cliff and Rocks areas?

If there is no way for the Minotaur to cross the rift, Hades can just concentrate his defense around the south and east pillars, safe in the knowledge that he has one less enemy with which to contend.

Or am I missing something?

Last edited by uthin on 20th April 2017, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added apology for cross-posting)
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty20th April 2017, 1:37 pm

Voice Of Olympus wrote:
(on KS comments page)

Aha!

I was wondering what was going on with the Rifts. There's an error in the version you have, caused by a confusion in the translation. It probably reads something like this:

3D elements: none.

Terrain effect: troops and heroes treat this area as open ground.

Terrain effect: divinities and monsters must not end their activation in this area. They may only move into a rift area along the path of skulls (see the map), and only if they are able to leave in the same activation. Each rift area costs 2 of the unit’s Movement to enter.

The last sentence needs to be deleted. It was intended to say that you needed 2 movement to go in: 1 to get in, and 1 to get out. So, it was a summary. Unfortunately it got a bit confused in the translation, and is better deleted entirely. That's the way the rules stand now.

Which should solve your problems Smile

Voice of Olympus
Back to top Go down
Sokoben
Villager
Sokoben

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty26th April 2017, 6:47 pm

Scenario tested yesterday (with the good rule) and Minotaur was all but useless.
I would add Sad (I had Hades)
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty26th April 2017, 8:11 pm

I have played the scenario and the Minotaur was just fine. He was a bit more difficult to move around but still did his job. As with any game, you have to learn what units work best at reaching the pillars and the Minotaur works well for the first one. Having to use other units to move to the other pillars isn't a problem. Ares moves pretty regularly and with his double Activation can take out pillars easily. I barely won as Hades when I recalled my Hell Warriors to guard the last pillar. Then the time ran out. I like that it isn't an easy scenario and forces you to strategize differently.
Back to top Go down
Minifred
Villager
Minifred

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty30th April 2017, 1:20 pm

rift rules are not so clear.

can i throw a monster or a god ( effet of mighty throw) in a rift area ? and if yes what happens ?

rifts are said to block line of sight . but its a rift, how can it blocks line of sight ? maybe when you are in the area only.

We were a bit lost playing this scénario.

its more clear watching the beast of war game. I edited the post but still asking question about mighty throw
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty3rd May 2017, 10:13 am

I think we cleared this up in the comments and updates, where the same comment was made Smile
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty3rd May 2017, 1:49 pm

Minifred wrote:
rifts are said to block line of sight . but its a rift, how can it blocks line of sight ? maybe when you are in the area only.

Where did you get that ?
During the last BoW video, I understood that units in a rift DO NOT block line of sight (as they would in another area).
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Minifred
Villager
Minifred

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty3rd May 2017, 2:20 pm

Telgar wrote:
Minifred wrote:

Where did you get that ?
During the last BoW video, I understood that units in a rift DO NOT block line of sight (as they would in another area).

It was the old version in french:

Crevasse : bloquent les lignes de vues.Seuls les Monstres et les Dieux peuvent se déplacer au travers de ces zones en dépensant 2 points de mouvement mais ne peuvent pas s'arrêter sur cette zone.

it was really not so clear !! We have now a better comprehension but the définition for Crevasse or rift must be very clear.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty4th May 2017, 5:26 pm

Rifts do not block LOS.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?   Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134? Empty

Back to top Go down

Minotaur useless in scenario 3 that was released in update 134?
Page 1 of 1