A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty
PostSubject: Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)   Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty9th November 2017, 11:04 pm

I once saw that the original idea was to have the gods "human" sized. As we all know that was scrapped, but it also gave me an idea.
What if right after the Titanomachy the gods and Titans really were nothing more than humans?
Strong humans, but humans none the less, the remainders of their might scattered around them?

These "fallen" gods would need to quickly gather their strength once again, in order the regain more of their godly might.

The game is pretty similar to a normal skirmish of MB:P, with one major difference...there are red and (probably four) blue Omphalus (or other tokens) on the ground. The red ones are worth one point and the blue ones two points. On the middle areas, there are the blue Omphalos in addition to the red ones.
The red Omphalos is much weaker than the blue ones. They bring one point, but no Omphalos card. But they only cost a simple action to absorb!
The blue Omphalos are more like the normal ones but bring two points.

After you gathered your first three points your fallen god finally found the power to turn back into his true self! But the damage he suffered from when he was weaker still stays on him...
After you got 5 points you win the game.

The fallen versions of the gods are much weaker than the originals and about as strong as a four-point hero....if not a bit weaker. They often times have weaker stats and weaker versions of their abilities, while their Talents often would stay the same.

This game mode would probably work best if it is played with 3 or four players.
I assume Guard units and troops will seem much stronger in this game mode, as well as area damage (and area damage denial).

If this would be an expansion, it could be a way to introduce some "lesser" gods we haven't seen yet...or create a way to bring in some alternate versions of existing gods...or maybe godly versions of some heroes? Or even Monster?

This could also create a way to make one or two expansions for Egyptian gods and units, as it would allow playing gods also as heroes and/or Monsters...

Let me know what you think about this idea, and which gods you would like to see in their weaker versions first! (Or heroes ascend into godhood....)

Edit:
An idea to emphasize the battle-worn nature of this game mode could be to let every unit start with, let's say a fourth of their life total (rounded up) missing from the start of the game, and troops entering the battlefield with only half of their models (rounded up). I troops get recalled they have their full unit sizes tough.

So this game mode would have much more fragile units and most units already have their first stats reduced...(an example would be Leonidas, who "only" has a defense of 8 after losing two life points...maybe he won't be so unkillable now...)

But this game mode also strengthens all units with a mean to recover life points, which would probably cause quite the different "meta" in this game mode.
Back to top Go down
Bungi
Villager
Bungi

PostSubject: Re: Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)   Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty13th November 2017, 3:30 pm

I like that approach and will test it as soon as I get my game.

The weaker Versions of the gods can be shown through normal Troop Minis. Also maybe they have less life points and can not access their abilities?
Once they get enough Omphalos they get their Powers back.

The monsters and heroes starting with a fourth of their life points sounds pretty harsh, what about half of their life points? This may be different for different monsters and there the playtesting is needed mostly.

As I said, after playing a few normal games I will test this. Sounds like a great twist on the normal rules. Smile
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)   Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty13th November 2017, 3:50 pm

Thanks for your answer Bungi.

I never meant that they start with a fourth of their lives. Just that they start with a fourth of their lives missing.
So they start with three-fourths of their original life total.

I would also suggest to not use regenerating units in this game mode, as they will probably quickly gain quite the boost in lives over the other units.

My idea was to reduce the life points of the gods by one fourth as well and then weaken their powers a bit.

Here an example:

Zeus:

He starts with just 7 lifes.

Lightning Strike 2 AoW
Range 2   Strength 8

Patriarch
Down from the maximum of three cards to two.
Back to top Go down
Bungi
Villager
Bungi

PostSubject: Re: Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)   Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty13th November 2017, 3:52 pm

Ahh, sorry, I simply misread your post.

That sounds reasonable. Smile
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)   Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty13th November 2017, 4:08 pm

Hey, no problem.
I am not native to the English language, so my wording can be a bit hard to follow.

I assume with these changes Zeus is nearly down to the level of a four-point hero.

As soon as blank cards or a card generator are published from Monolith or Mythic Games I will make proper versions of all these gods in their weaker state and a few powered-up versions for four-point heroes and some monsters.
(Thinking of making Pan a monster...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)   Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gods rising from the Ashes (Scenario and Rule idea)
Page 1 of 1