A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poseidon Ability Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
caibre
Villager

Poseidon Ability Questions Empty
PostSubject: Poseidon Ability Questions   Poseidon Ability Questions Empty27th February 2017, 10:02 pm

For Trident:

Since Poseidon can use Mighty Throw with Trident, can he throw a unit with the first attack, then attack the second area with the same unit in and repeat a third time?

For Divine Storm:

Do all the units have to be moved to the same area?
Back to top Go down
Long N
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Ability Questions   Poseidon Ability Questions Empty28th February 2017, 7:29 am

Whoa! I thought Mighty Throw only activates for normal attacks. If that's the case, Poseidon is a throwing monster! He'll just constantly be rocking units back and forth.....like a tidal wave (see what I did there) haha!

And my interpretations of Divine Storm is that you can throw the units in whatever area you desire.
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Ability Questions   Poseidon Ability Questions Empty28th February 2017, 12:41 pm

I believe its a simulanous attack, so you can't attack the same unit more than once with this attack, even if you throw a unit in the second area you will solve.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Poseidon Ability Questions [MIGHTY THOW question]   Poseidon Ability Questions Empty28th February 2017, 2:05 pm

Mighty Throw description states that :
2.9 beta wrote:
Resolve the ATTACK before dealing with any blank results.

Here, the ATTACK is the TRIDENT power. So I believe you have to resolve the dice effect on all targeted units before applying Mighty Throw effect.

HOWEVER, we could have the same discussion about the CHARGE attacks: I used to believe that you can attack a unit in the first area entered and throw it in the second area and attack the unit again. Now I am not so sure reading the power description:
Charge wrote:
Move the Minautor up to 2 areas [...] Then perform a melee attack against each units in the areas the Minotaur entered[...]
The way the resolution is described would be different if you could attack twice the same unit (enter 1st area, resolve attacks, enter 2nd area, resolve attacks).

ACTUALLY, I am having the same doubts about Guard and Mighty Throw : Can you throw a guard away before applying the same attack to another unit ?

I suggest to start with one obvious answer :
2.9 beta wrote:
Combat sequence
Complete each step before moving on to the next.
1) Choose a target for the ATTACK.
2) Declare any Guard.
So the targets of the ATTACK cannot change during the resolution !
For Guard, it is more tricky (it was declared but may be invalid if the guarding unit is dead) to tell if Mighty Throw effect is to be resolved before of after the next attack resolution. I would say after, considering the Mighty Throw description (1st extract above).
Waow ! It means Guard is much less easy to bypass !
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Ability Questions   Poseidon Ability Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Poseidon Ability Questions
Page 1 of 1