A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Six rules and gameplay questions

Go down 
+3
Leonidas
Voice of Olympus
Teowulff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Six rules and gameplay questions Empty
PostSubject: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty29th December 2016, 6:21 pm

1. Area attacks
a. Do area attacks at range 0 count as melee attacks?
b. Can you retaliate vs a range 0 area attack?

2. Full area
The rules say a unit with range 0 can make a melee attack vs units in a full area.
a. Can the units with range 0 in a full area retaliate when attacked from the outside?
b. Can the units in the full area attack units in a (not full) adjacent area as if range was 0?

3. Petrify/Rapture
a. Are Passive Powers (the hourglass symbol) active on a petrified or raptured unit?
b. Are passive "to self" talents like phalanx, close protection active on a petrified unit?
c. Are passive "to others" talents like bolster, guard, block active on a petrified unit?

4. Basic actions
I wonder if you can move --> grab omphalos --> move further or are these are two move actions seperated by a "Claim an Omphalos" action.
Similar question: can a unit with the Mobility talent do move --> attack --> move again?

5. Tokens
I think each power that puts tokens should say the max number of these specific tokens that simultanously can be on a unit;
It seems likely that there can be only one petrify and rapture tokens on a unit but more chain, web or deceit tokens.

6. Giant spiders: they get 2 bonusses: +1 when at least with 3 and +1 when near Arachne.
Still .. this means they can't get both?
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty29th December 2016, 6:30 pm

Hi T Smile

1a) Yes. All range 0 attacks are melee.
1b) No. You cannot retaliate against area attacks.

2 & 3) being reworded to cover these and other queries. You'll see tomorrow Smile

4) Unless you have a specific Talent or power that says otherwise, you must complete each action before moving onto the next. So, you move, claim an omphalos, and you've had your 2 actions for the turn. you can't split actions, and you can't do the same one twice.

5) I'm working on some generic token rules to cover this sort of thing and avoid the need to say it on every card.

6) Correct.

Voice of Olympus

Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Herald
Leonidas

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty29th December 2016, 6:53 pm

Hi Teowulff!

Let me answer your questions (I hope my answers are all right, if they are not, then Benoit or Quirkworthy will correct me):

a. Yes
b. No

a. No
b. Not sure I understand. But I'd say no.

a. No, they lose all their powers. Including the passive ones.
b. No.
c. No.

Your move sequence cannot be split. If you decide not to move to your full potential, then you lose the unused potential. You can move and then grab an omphalos. But then, your turn is over, even if you didn't move to your max. You cannot move again. Movement is a simple action, wether you move to your full potential or not.
So the answer is no. To both questions.

Good point. Wink

Yes, they do. The mass effect power (+1 when they are at least 3) is a totally different kind of bonuses, so you can add it to another kind of bonus like one that comes from a talent, or a terrain. But they can't stack then, of course. So, 3 Giant Spiders near Arachne get +2 in Attack, but they don't get +3 if they are on top of a cliff, for instance, or if there is another leader with bolster. They are still +2.

I hope it's clear! Smile

PS : Just saw answers from the Voice of Olympus. Same as mine, that's good! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.mythicgames.net
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty29th December 2016, 7:32 pm

That would of been awkward if they were different haha!
Back to top Go down
KerenRhys
Villager
KerenRhys

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty29th December 2016, 7:39 pm

Well, it seems to me they ARE different for the 6th point.

It seems it will need some checking.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty29th December 2016, 8:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick replies!! Very Happy
Nice to see Léo and QW/Jake on this forum as well!!

I will explain my questions with some examples why I needed to know:

1. Ladon ("Many Bites") counter-attacks everyone attacking him in melee. He also has guard. This would indicate that if he guards 3 units and - for example - the Chimera attacks them at range 0 with an area attack, these would count as melee attacks. So the Chimera suffers four 5-dice attacks from Ladon in return (as every target counts as seperate attack) if Ladon chooses to guard them all.
Also: this would mean that web or chain tokens can all be melee attacked at once using a range 0 area attack. Webbing or chaining Hydra seems useless with the current ruling.

3. Yesterday in my 4th PnP game, I sent my Basilisk on a suicide petrifying run on Hera and her guard (turn 1: sprint/turn 2: attack and petrify). He was killed right after, but Artemis could shoot (and eventually kill) Hera the turns after, since I assumed that the Guard talent didn't work and Hera's Perfidious power wouldn't work either when petrified.

4. This was a question on the unofficial forum from someone whose opponent used Bellerophon to collect Omphalos in a way I think wasn't legal - which is now confirmed not to be allowed.

5. Something I wondered about for a while. Chain tokens come with 4, web tokens with 2 but some cases - like being triple stunned - don't seem all that obvious.
Still, the units all come with 4 tokens each.

6. I wonder if there's absolutely no way that a unit can get more than +1 on a single characteristic. Like these +1 bonusses, or bolster + this bonus + elevation + Eurytos, for example. It still isn't 100% clear! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty30th December 2016, 6:36 am

Number 6 question needs some more clarity for me. Good question.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty30th December 2016, 12:49 pm

The answer to point 6 was not clear in the beta 1 rules. I think Leo's answer was in line with what Benoit was wanting, though I need to check this again. It's quite tricky to explain clearly exactly what limits bonuses should have, though I think I'm getting there now Smile

Voice of Olympus
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty31st December 2016, 3:03 pm

Leonidas wrote:
Your move sequence cannot be split. If you decide not to move to your full potential, then you lose the unused potential. You can move and then grab an omphalos. But then, your turn is over, even if you didn't move to your max. You cannot move again. Movement is a simple action, wether you move to your full potential or not.
So the answer is no. To both questions.

Thanks for the clarification.
So simple actions cannot be split and are performed sequentially
I believe the wording of the current rules is not explicit enough on this.
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty31st December 2016, 3:05 pm

I'll have another look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six rules and gameplay questions   Six rules and gameplay questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Six rules and gameplay questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Mythic Battles: Pantheon :: Gameplay-
Jump to: