A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scylla : tentacular questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sokoben
Villager
Sokoben

Scylla : tentacular questions Empty
PostSubject: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty20th January 2017, 11:08 pm

Hi,

Preparing a game involving Scylla (and her tentacles), we consider the powers on the dashboards :
Scylla :
- Tentacles : when Scylla enters the battlefield, she can put up to 8 tentacles on her area or adjacent areas (2 max by area).
- Scylla's fury (1 AoW) : at the end of her activation can place up to 2 tentacles in her area or adjacent area.

Scylla's tentacles :
- At the end of Scylla's movement, tentacles in play are moved in Scylla's area or in an adjacent area (her tentacles stick to her)
- Each pair of tentacle counts as a troop (and takes up one place in an area).
- At the end of Scylla's activation, all tentacles in play are activated for free.

That is what is written. So now could MG team answer following questions (what is not written on cards), please ?
- Tentacles are not normal troops and can not be recalled by the god. Ok ?
- Scylla's fury is equivalent to the recall but for only two tentacles at a time (for 1 AoW). --> She can call back dead tentacles with this power ?
- When Scylla is dead, tentacles disappear too ? (seems logical)
- When activated (at the end of Scylla's activation or when using a card), all tentacles can :
     * Move 1 area (if they "run"). Ok ? Can they go further than an adjacent area to Scylla ? (don't think so... or maybe telescopic tentacles ?)
     * Attack ennemies in their areas. Each pair is considered as a troop so a tentacle alone can attack (no attack bonus), a pair of tentacles can attack (with bonus), tree tentacles can make 2 attacks (1 as a pair with bonus and 1 alone), etc...

If my understanding is good, it makes of Scylla one very powerful monster with tentacular activity and many possibilities of activation... What a Face I love you
Back to top Go down
Ken
Villager
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty21st January 2017, 5:08 pm

Yeah, Scylla looks fun! I can't wait to play the Poseidon expansion.

I haven't seen anything explicitly stating the tentacles die when she does, but thematically it makes sense. I will probably play it this way.

I assume if Scylla declares a movement but chooses to move 0 spaces (i.e. remain where she is), she can still move the tentacles so long as they end in her space or an adjacent space.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty22nd January 2017, 12:23 pm

Don't forget that tentacles are an aquatic unit. It means they have +1 move in water.
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Sokoben
Villager
Sokoben

PostSubject: Re: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty22nd January 2017, 1:44 pm

Yes thank you. We will play on Olympus map so it is not relevant in our case but it is something to keep in mind for future plays on maps with water... Another advantage for this fig Smile
Back to top Go down
poymaster
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty22nd January 2017, 4:43 pm

there is another subject about tentacules with some points that might help you.
- No recall (but respawning pair of them through her ability)
- No specific activation cards for tentacules (this was a mistake). So they can only activated after you use Scylla
- I guess tentacules can run (nothing say they cant)
- I would remove them after Scylla's death as you can no longuer activate them (no activation card, they would only keep some area crowded)

you may find some informations here https://agoodplace.forumactif.com/t134-scylla-s-tentacles
Back to top Go down
Sokoben
Villager
Sokoben

PostSubject: Re: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty22nd January 2017, 5:36 pm

Thank you. I did not see this topic.
I will read it carefully. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scylla : tentacular questions   Scylla : tentacular questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Scylla : tentacular questions
Page 1 of 1