A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scylla's Tentacles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skies
Villager

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty2nd January 2017, 6:07 pm

Scylla looks really cool and all, but her tentacles seem to go against a lot of rules, so in my mind it gets weird:

The tentacles card reads: Tentacles are automatically activated at the end of Scylla's activation and don't require an extra art of war or activation card. At the end of scylla's movement, move all the tentacles in play so that they are in scylla's area or in an area adjacent to her. Each pair of tentacles counts as a troop and takes up one space in an area (underlined for emphasis).

So on to my battery of questions!
1) How far does that '2 tentacles are a troop' rule extend? Is it just for counting how much space they take up or does it extend to everything? This has kind of implications. If they are each different troops, then if there are 4 tentacles in a space, someone attacks just 2 of them at a time? Does each tentacle 'troop' attack separately or do all tentacles in the same space attack at once? That's a considerable difference in potential damage and durability of the tentacles.
2) The tentacles card shows there are 3 tentacles activation cards. Are there? It seems like you wouldn't need them since they are activated with Scylla. If there are, does playing it activate all tentacles on the board or just 1 of the troops of tentacles? Can I use the run special action on tentacles to move tentacles away from Scylla because special tactics?
3) Can a god rally tentacles? They are troops, but it would be weird because tentacles around Scylla have to go to the god now and would automatically teleport to Scylla after she activated. This one is also big deal with question 1 because that answer determines if a god rallies all tentacles or just 2 of them.

Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty2nd January 2017, 6:33 pm

Tentacles don't have activation cards. That's a mistake.

They behave like other troops unless it says otherwise. They probably shouldn't be recallable in the normal way.

Each tentacle troop will move and attack as a separate unit.
Back to top Go down
skies
Villager

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty3rd January 2017, 4:35 pm

Does activating Scylla and her tentacles count as the first and second activation in a turn then? It sort of makes sense that Scylla and all the tentacle troops might count as just one activation, since the tentacles are part of Scylla.

On the other hand, you are activating a monster and potentially multiple troop units, so the default is probably it's your entire turn.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty3rd January 2017, 4:41 pm

Activating Scylla's tentacles is considered part of Scylla's own activation.
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty3rd January 2017, 9:42 pm

skies wrote:
1) How far does that '2 tentacles are a troop' rule extend?  Is it just for counting how much space they take up or does it extend to everything?  This has kind of implications. If they are each different troops, then if there are 4 tentacles in a space, someone attacks just 2 of them at a time?  Does each tentacle 'troop' attack separately or do all tentacles in the same space attack at once?  That's a considerable difference in potential damage and durability of the tentacles.
-
I am also curious. Do 4 tentacles count as 2 Troops? What if 2 are destroyed with an area attack (1 of each Troops), do we count the remaining tentacles as 2 troops with 1 unit each? Or are they "reformed" into 1 Troop again?
What if there are 3 tentacles left, or more generally: an uneven number of tentacles?
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty4th January 2017, 10:24 am

Tentacles are reformed into new units as necessary.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty4th January 2017, 11:48 am

Scylla's tentacles are an interesting troop indeed.
My take on it is that they are an extension of Scylla so they are part of Scylla's activation and you can activate another unit in the same round.
It seems to fit with QW answers.

There is the question of what happens if there are 3 tentacles in one area (or more) : the current text do not forbid reorganization so it seems possible. As it is indicated that 2 tentacles = 1 troop, I would say that 3-4 tentacles in 1 area = 2 troops. This is good for resiliency against an attack but bad against an area attack. It could be useful to fill an area also.

I was wondering about Scylla's recall (Fury) : the text describe the recall of 2 tentacles for 1AoW. Is it intended or should it be like a god's recall (and like battlefield entrance) = 8 tentacles (4 troops) ?

PS: QW, what do you think about a forum organization similar to mbpantheon.actieforum.com with topics dedicated to each unit ?
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty4th January 2017, 12:05 pm

That's right - Scylla's tentacles are really part of Scylla.

3-4 tentacles in one area = 2 troops, correct.

Forum organisation: I don't think that degree of breakdown is really needed yet, or perhaps at all. For the moment we need people to be thinking about how the game works as a whole, and once people play more they'll be thinking about specific combos and tactics, which seem to fit better as a general discussion rather than on an individual unit basis. I expect as many topics about unit X with unit Y as I do about either X or Y on their own.

if we had armies, then we would break it down like that, but because we're drafting from the same pool, and any unit can be in any army, it doesn't make sense to me to compartmentalise things much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scylla's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scylla's Tentacles   Scylla's Tentacles Empty

Back to top Go down

Scylla's Tentacles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Mythic Battles: Pantheon :: Gameplay-
Jump to: