A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which models would you change and how?

Go down 
+5
Malamute
Cryocat
Teowulff
Garshell
Empusa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

Which models would you change and how? Empty
PostSubject: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 2:00 pm

I've read a lot of negative reactions under some of the mythological monsters and gods models, some dislike Chimera others Geryon, but which models would you change and how?

Here is my personal list:

I would personally rename the Gorgon into Fury, as I think Medusa is enough for a Gorgon and Furies aren't there. Also there are more than enough petrification enemies.

I agree with many people about the Chimera model, that one could be much better, the snake-tail should be much thicker and it shouldn't be blind-folded.

Basilisk, I think it looks better as a lizard with 8 legs, there are more than enough other snake monsters but not many reptiles.

Teumessian Fox, I agree it looks more like a big melee-based wolf than a sneaky fast fox, I would create a model that runs.

Unlike many I love the Geryon idea, if you want to please the geryon-dislikers you could also add the Makhai demon and turn that into a two or three-bodied model.

I really don't think it is a good idea to turn the Nemean Lion, Sphinx, Python, Lycaon, Dragon + Spartoi, Manticore and the Stymphalian birds into kickstarter only models, they are too important in the world of mythology to be done that way. Same for Hecate, Apollo, Bellepheron and Atlas. The others are fine I guess.

What are the models you like to change and how?
Back to top Go down
http://myth-lord.tumblr.com/
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 2:14 pm

I like all models as they are except lycaon neck, but i can live with that =).
I prefere keep all like this and get the game in time or maybe a little before than change many thing and delay the whole delivery...
I think we could ask for alternative fig later IF needing. All model can't be good for all of us...
We are all different and we must accept the artist vision =)).
I prefere Thee Team finish the whole work first, then if they have some time, they could add some Conan cross over or more surprise like Charon or Dyonisos unit.

My 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 3:50 pm

Better ask which 3 you'd like to change ..

Gorgon - looks like a dried up mummy with bat wings
Pentehsilea - I would like her to be more fierce and dynamic - and less "just sexy". I also dislike the forked swords.
Atalanta - give her a bow, sling looks silly
Chimera - take away the blindfold
Achilles - make him look like he didn't just trip over a banana peel
Gaia - I would have liked her less monsterous - doesn't exactly look like "mother earth"
Eurytus/Eurytos - not a fan of the weird bow
Hector - I hate the weird hair
Jason - his pose is all wrong
Veteran Heracles - looks way too much like a Caveman
Ajax - give him back his axe for which he is known
Lycaon - looks way too much like a were-Gorilla, would like him to be more wolf-like
Amazones - not a fan of chainmail bikinis
Sirens - eeeww ... too Lovecraftian
Minos - not a fan of the walking furnace look

What KSE models is concerned I think that it more important that they are key figures in some tactics than their mythological importance.

Last edited by Teowulff on 5th January 2017, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 4:13 pm

This would be more appropriate in the miniatures sub-forum? The sculpt I dislike the most - Enceladus. Having said that the sculpts I love far outweighs the ones I'm not overly fond of.
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 4:17 pm

Cryocat wrote:
the sculpts I love far outweighs the ones I'm not overly fond of.
True that!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 4:45 pm

They are all exactly as they are supposed to be. The Fates have spoken.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 4:47 pm

Guess I want to play that useless but fun game of "if I could..."
- Pandora holding the box in front of her with one hand and opening it with the other, and strange shenanigans escaping from it
- Amazons with a dynamic pose, throwing javelins for example
- Generally the godesses more suited up for battle than for fancy parties
- Artemis in leather armour Wink  and taking the same stand as Poséidon with a wolf head (godess of the moon, of hunters...)
- I don't know how, but I could see Hades less generic, maybe with more skulls here and there
- a more aggressive Persephone who is the new ruler of hell
- I think the shield direction of on of the troops (argonauts?)

But it won't spoil the fun of the game or the fun of painting them cyclops
Back to top Go down
Obsidiox
Villager
Obsidiox

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty5th January 2017, 6:22 pm

This is more of my interpretation than a disagreement on models, but I think of the Dragon of Thebes as a gigantic Crocodile from the Nile than a fantasy style dragon. Watching some BBC footage on great predators if crocks don't die of old age and just keep getting bigger - I'm not sure there is a material difference between a 100 year old, 7 meter long, 1,200kg croc and a "dragon" (unless you're trying to get water from the river, then a dragon may actually be less of a nusance).
Back to top Go down
Teymenator
Villager
Teymenator

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty6th January 2017, 11:51 pm

The only mini i am not a fan of is the Harpy. Maybe it's just me but it seems like the neck is wrong along with chest. I feel like the neck is to long like i left to much of the sprue and still glued the head on. The chest does not depict a female chest enough to say female human turned into bird. Though they do remind me of the old Jason and the Argonauts film. That is about my only problem with the sculpts so far. But as the old saying goes you can't make everyone happy but i am happy with everything else.
Back to top Go down
Asgo
Villager
Asgo

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty7th January 2017, 12:25 am

Pseudonyme wrote:
- I think the shield direction of on of the troops (argonauts?)
ah my personal pet peeve Wink, at least half of the shield bearers shield stances range from amateurish to physically impossible (without having a few more joints).
Probably a restriction of the sculpting or casting process for the minis, however with quite a number of shields it kind of stands out.

For the most part I like the minis or problematic details are too minor/small to matter when they are actually standing on the table.
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty7th January 2017, 6:25 am

I will re-iterate again that I love the vast majority of the sculpts but here is my larger list -

Enceladus - I just really don't like this sculpt, he needs to be bulked out more, it looks like he skipped legs day.

Gaia - I don't like the feral look of her face, I think the fangs are a bit much

Lycaon - I agree with Teowulff, would of preferred a more wolfish model than a gorilla

Dragon of Thebes - not a fan of his tail, would of preferred it to be more tapered

Orion - a smaller club, he can't even fit his hand around it

Bellerophon - I mentioned this during the KS, Pegasus' front legs seem to be disjointed, like they are separate to the body

Aphrodite - would of preferred more of a smirk/smile on here face, she just looks sad

Autolycus - not a fan of his swords/daggers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which models would you change and how?   Which models would you change and how? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which models would you change and how?
Page 1 of 1