A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically

Go down 
+3
projektzaustralia
Lopyod
slyneman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
slyneman
Villager
slyneman

Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty
PostSubject: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty6th April 2017, 12:52 am

When you look at the map initially, you'd think all the lava regions are obstacles, but they were often used as movement boosts instead in the 2v2 Beasts of War Let's Play. It's also hard to believe that monsters, even as powerful as they are, can just shrug the damage of taking a lava bath as they did in the video.

I'm really not sold on the auto-exit of Lava in the same turn: Currently, jumping above a lava area is a complex action for a unit with 1 movement point, but jumping into the lava, taking somewhat mild damage, then exiting on the other side is only one simple action, which leaves your unit ready to take a second action. Any way you look at it, that doesn't make much sense. It seems to me that a unit that lands in lava should be stuck there for the rest of its turn.

I'd also recommend boosting lava damage by 1 or 2 dice.
Back to top Go down
Lopyod
Villager
Lopyod

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty6th April 2017, 7:31 am

lava already changed since the beast of war video, now there is two type of lava ( one do 5dice damage the other 7). Also the owner of the unit don't choose anymore where the unit exit the lava, the opponent choose for him so the cross lava strategy is no more valid.
Back to top Go down
slyneman
Villager
slyneman

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty6th April 2017, 9:03 am

Lopyod wrote:
lava already changed since the beast of war video, now there is two type of lava ( one do 5dice damage the other 7). Also the owner of the unit don't choose anymore where the unit exit the lava, the opponent choose for him so the cross lava strategy is no more valid.

Thanks, it makes much more sense that way. Strange that they asked for feedback in today's Kickstarter update without mentioning the changes. How did you become aware of them, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
projektzaustralia
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty7th April 2017, 5:01 am

i just wrote something about this

my thoughts are 6 attack or 8 attack, blanks cause drop of omphalos, opposing player chooses adjacent space

i want lava to be more damaging and players to have to be cautious of mighty throws and split pushing.
Back to top Go down
Lopyod
Villager
Lopyod

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty8th April 2017, 8:28 am

you can find the change in the terrain section of the beta 2.9 version of the rules :

https://agoodplace.forumactif.com/t267-2-9-beta-version

I think as long as the opposing player choose where the units goes, the lava is strong enough
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty8th April 2017, 5:36 pm

Don't you think it makes Mighty Throw too powerful in this case? Regular damages+mighty throw+lava damages+choose of adjacent area to escape lava...
Back to top Go down
projektzaustralia
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty10th April 2017, 3:50 am

i think it does make it more powerful, HOWEVER it means a more careful strategy during the draft, making sure there are some choices for MT and then countering MT with model size
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty10th April 2017, 10:11 am

We see in the BoW video that Throwing is never a sure thing... You sure like Polyphemus a lot on a lava map ^^
The game seems interesting when you consider that the gameplay and the interesting units will be very different from one map to another.
Here MT becomes more interesting... except that fireproof units will be as much useful (and will not be damaged when thrown into lava).

(I am guessing Tartarus and Labyrinth are great for climbing & flying units)
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty3rd May 2017, 11:07 am

Personally, I think you'd get out of lava PDQ if you fell in (ignoring, for the moment, the fact that you'd almost certainly be dead if you actually fell into lava...).

Back to top Go down
Vianney
Villager
Vianney

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty10th December 2017, 5:54 pm

Is there a complex action to through lava without damages ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically   Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically Empty

Back to top Go down

Lava needs to cause more damage or change even more drastically
Page 1 of 1