A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.

Go down 
+3
Pseudonyme
Raynz
Empusa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty
PostSubject: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty31st December 2016, 5:55 pm

First of all I want to say that I’m really hyped for this game and that it uses a lot of obscure Greek mythology pearls already!

Me being a monster-addict however, I still have a lot of names and creatures for you to eventually add to the table, some probably not the way Greek Mythology has intended them, but since Geryon already proves this isn't necessary I can play with some of the monsters appearances in the way I would enjoy them in this game.

The top 10 of monsters/titans/gods I still like to see one day in this game (from best to worst in my own opinion) is:

1: Argus
The all seeing Argus is a giant covered in more than 100 eyes, I like this monster to be very monstrous or even non-humanoid, probably much like a Beholder. Its abilities and powers are about true seeing and sight of course.

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. The-Art-of-God-of-War-III

2: Lampad
Dark Nymphs of the underground, they bring madness, sadness and insanity with their torches with purple flame. They have ties with Hecate.

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. A91d7d380e3340503b25fdae04dfc3ed

3: Empusa
Another unit that has ties with Hecate, these are mostly succubus like demons in the real Greek Mythology, but since there is a real-world Mantis insect called after them and since God of War uses them as mantis-women, why not turn them into half mantis and half women here as well? It really suits them as MAN-eaters.  And we already have a succubus-like unit in Gorgons, so I would vote for a mantis monster in this game, greek mythology doesn’t have much mantis monsters otherwise and a Mantis-like Centaur is awesome, of course Empusa also have flaming hair, turn the flames green to suit the Mantis theme.

4: Karkinos
The giant blue crab that helped the Hydra against Herculus, when it was crushed under Hercules boot Hera took pity on it and turned it into a star sign cancer. I miss a cool giant crab unit in this game, it can be turned very monstrous.

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. 04872afe925b7219ec60d356d66e5fa6

5: Skolopendra
No centipede in Greek Mythology? Think again, the Skolopendra is awesome, it is a giant sea centipede horror not unlike the Vietnamese Con Rit.

6: Chrysaor
When Medusa was killed her blood didn’t only spawn Pegasus, it also spawned the evil winged boar/boarman Chrysaor. This demon is coolest when depicted as a boarman with golden armor and a golden whip weapon. His greed, lust and envy is legendary and his blood spawns swarms of Scorpions. Killing this badguy without being covered with scorpions isn’t easy. His death throw move could be awesome as his heart could maybe mutate into a giant Scorpios scorpion which bursts out of the corpse of Chrysaor and attack its fathers killer.

7: Furies or Erinyes
There must be three of them like in the real myth, these angels of vengeance could be awesome like in God of War which turned them into true monstrosities.

8: Makhai
The demons/Daemons of war that fight for Ares. I like them to be like in the movie Wrath of the Titans, where they are deformed demonic twins, sharing only one set of legs, they dance into battle and can’t be surprised from behind as they have a body on both sides.

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Attachment

9: Chrysomallus
The Golden Ram of the Golden Fleece, this could be a cool living battering ram type monster with giant golden horns much like the mythological monster Musimon.

10: Cercopes
Twin thieves that gave Hercules a hard time, they were punished and transformed into monkey-men. In the game they could be awesome twin-minions with a twin-mind and when one of them dies the other goes berserk, they are of course also very good thieves and their powers could resolve around that.

Other monsters that are also cool enough to use:

Amphisbaena / Dactyl / Hekantoncheires / Hippocampus / Nosoi / Odontotyrannos / Peryton / Thriae / Akheilos / Narcissus / Phobetor / Proteus / Symplegades or Plankta / Agrius / Blemmyes / Celedon / Charon / Dryad / Eros / Erotes / Eurynomos / Ipotane / Keres / Lamia / Mares of Diomedes / Orthrus / Sybaris / Telchine / Triton / Scorpios / Ceryneian Hind / Maenad / Mormo

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. 6fae3184dc1a94bbfaa749806bc962ba
The way I would like to see the mysterious Odontotyrannus/nos.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I didn’t make too many English grammar/spelling errors. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://myth-lord.tumblr.com/
Raynz
Villager
Raynz

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty31st December 2016, 8:38 pm

Great list! Furies would be one of my Top Picks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty31st December 2016, 9:00 pm

This karkino art is great. I know I won't but I want to paint this mini
Back to top Go down
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty1st January 2017, 3:53 pm

Pseudonyme wrote:
This karkino art is great. I know I won't but I want to paint this mini

I don't know if the real artist intended to use it as Karkinos, but I think this artwork perfectly pictures how Karkinos should look like. A terrifying crab monster with different sized pincers and cool features. Just another giant crab would be a bit boring in my opinion. :-p
Back to top Go down
Raynz
Villager
Raynz

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty1st January 2017, 10:29 pm

Perhaps there's one out there that could make for a suitable substitute?
Back to top Go down
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 12:23 pm

People really don't seem to care for obscure monsters? They rather see comical characters and oracles... Too bad. I could try though.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 2:16 pm

Lots of cool stuff for an MBP2 Wink
Back to top Go down
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 5:08 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
Lots of cool stuff for an MBP2 Wink

What is an MBP2? I'm not familiar with that? (not English) ;-)
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 6:00 pm

If we did a second Mythic Battles: Pantheon (MBP) Smile

Not planned, but there's plenty left to come back to if we ever did.
Back to top Go down
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 7:10 pm

I hope so, but other mythologies are also awesome, like Philippine, Japanese, Slavic, Celtic (English, Scottish, Manx, Welsh and Irish) and Native American/Inuit. Lots of cool monsters in there, not so much Gods though.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 8:22 pm

I know, there are loads of exciting possibilities Smile
Back to top Go down
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 9:03 pm

A good proxy figure for Karkinos would be Rhan-Tegoth, from Cthulhu Wars.  That's a really nice, BIG, monstrous crab-like creature. Smile

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Ce1f1fc8b77a672a421d1b97ebb965b5
Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Pic2853649_lg
Back to top Go down
Biel
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty3rd January 2017, 9:51 pm

I like thoose dark monsters Empusa. They fit well in a post-apocalyptic game Smile
Back to top Go down
Empusa
Villager
Empusa

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty4th January 2017, 12:30 pm

I like Karkinos to be a medium-sized miniature not a large one, a crab the size of a human or dog would already be deadly, there are enough big sea monsters in scylla and charybdis, some smaller horrors such as Karkinos would be cool.

Skolopendra would make a cool larger sea monster: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Latest?cb=20150731192510

I'm also not really a great fan of Lovecraft (though I like Nightgaunts and Shoggoths) so I don't know about that lovecrafian crab.
Back to top Go down
Carandini
Villager
Carandini

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty5th January 2017, 2:32 am

I like the list of monsters. A few on there even I was unfamiliar with and all the years I've put into the fantasy genre it isn't often something pops up that surprises me.

One I'd love to see is Nesus, the centaur who ultimately caused the death of Hercules. Give him a poison blood ability where if you hurt him in close quarters then you are apt to lose life yourself. Only safe way to deal with him is a ranged weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.   Missing Greek Mythology Creatures. Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing Greek Mythology Creatures.
Page 1 of 1