A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stat modifiers for troops

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artur
Villager
Artur

Stat modifiers for troops Empty
PostSubject: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty11th January 2017, 6:53 pm

Hi Jake, Leo, Smile

I have a question whether the stat modifers from different sources can stack or not.
There is a note in the rulebook from the PnP set: "If multiple Talents or Powers grant a bonus to the same characteristic, only the Talent or Power with the greatest modifier is applied."
However some modifers are also defined on the troop cards and can come from terrain.

So for example Centaurs card says: "+1 Offense if this troop is complete".
If got a full troop of Centaurs and a unit with Bolster in the same area, will they get +2 Offense?

Or another example - if a unit of 3+ Amazons are on top of the cliff, will they get 3+2 Offense (one from card, one from cliff)?

Thanks in advance! Smile
Back to top Go down
forficule
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty11th January 2017, 8:21 pm

"+1 offense ..." is a mass effect, not a talent nor a power. I also play with terrain effect not being subject to talent/power bonus-malus limitation. So Amazons on top of a cliff get 5 dice if there is enough models (3 or more). Leonidas played it that way on the tric trac tv.
Back to top Go down
Artur
Villager
Artur

PostSubject: Re: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty12th January 2017, 9:59 am

@forficule, I also find it logical that bonuses from mass effects, terrain effects and talents/powers can stack, just want some confirmation from MB team )

So if you manage to get Pan and a full troop of Amazons on top of the cliff they will have 6 Offense, which is already something! Smile

3 + 1 from mass effect + 1 from cliff + 1 from Bolster
Back to top Go down
forficule
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty12th January 2017, 12:26 pm

I will play like you said, we will see what the beta rules rule Wink
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty12th January 2017, 1:12 pm

I thought I read somewhere that bonuses don't stack, but that just might of been talking about stacking powers/talents
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

PostSubject: Re: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty12th January 2017, 1:28 pm

So Spartans in a ruins with a bolster' unit in the same aera get 6+1+1 = 8 in def against melee ATTACK, and 2+3(complet)+1= 6 in ATTACK.

Actually it say to take the highest bonus in each stat, but this is about Talent and Power.
Should Mass effect be the power of a unit ?

When i read this rules again it seem to stack for aera + mass+ Highest Talent or Power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stat modifiers for troops   Stat modifiers for troops Empty

Back to top Go down

Stat modifiers for troops
Page 1 of 1