A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Echidna Poison

Go down 
+2
RichC
Garshell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty6th January 2017, 4:36 pm

Lets talk about Echidna poison.

If Echidna wound a unit, this unit get a Poison token on him from Echidna pool.
When this unit will be activate later, this one suffer at first a 5 dice attack from Echidna poison.

Question 1 : If Echidna is in the unit aera, will the poison attack from Echidna get Torment bonus too ?
Question 2 : If this poison wound the unit, will this unit get another poison Token ?

I would say yes for both, but just to be sure with you all about this case.

(BTW, Noxious Breath from Calydonian Boar get the Throw effect and that s fun too)
Back to top Go down
RichC
Villager
RichC

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty6th January 2017, 5:04 pm

It would seem to be the logical thing that people cannot retaliate verses a poison attack, or apply torment or other abilities and it would not be self inflicting.
It looks like the real need here is for clarity around this phrase “It suffers a 5 dice attack”. Should say something like “It suffers a 5 dice poison damage” or something of the like.
Back to top Go down
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty6th January 2017, 5:56 pm

Well,
The attack isn't made by Echidna but by the poison token, so I'd guess Torment doesn't apply.
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty6th January 2017, 9:21 pm

We have here a Damage On Time (DOT) Attack type. Its not an attack directly made by the unit, but it's still an Echidna attack power. As we all know, Talent work with Power too, so why not Torment if Echidna is in the same aera ^^.

None of you two answer about the question 2. Maybe you don't know too. Poison get worse and worse over the time, not in damage but on the way to put this one out. 1 AW will remove only 1 token.

And Echidna have only 4 tokens so the victime could activate 3 times (and running away to be in a safe place) to get 4 token on him and then Echidna can't poison anymore until this unit die (and then no AW away too). Far away and not activate, this unit won't die and then Echidna will have to 50% power less.

Echidna could do more damage if she put token on enemy only when she physicaly ATTACK a unit.

ATTACK and Damage On Time (DOT) difference to point on the rules ?
ATTACK can use Talent, etc. DOT don't use Talent and is a "neutral" attack.
Back to top Go down
Biel
Spartan

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty7th January 2017, 12:24 am

RichC wrote:
It looks like the real need here is for clarity around this phrase “It suffers a 5 dice attack”. Should say something like “It suffers a 5 dice poison damage” or something of the like.
I agree with you RichC. Like this, even if the description of the attack is written in the "Echidna's Poison" power, the 5 dice attack come from the token, not from the use of the Echidna's power.
But a clarification in the description of this power or in the rules could be needed to avoid any doubt.
Back to top Go down
Feue
Villager
Feue

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty7th January 2017, 2:25 am

From my perspective and to answer both questions, the damage done by the poison should be treated as something separated from Echidna.

This means that neither torment should be applied in this situation nor the extra token.

To clarify this I also agree with RichC and Biel, maybe this should not be called attack but something as "poison damage".
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty7th January 2017, 4:08 pm

Selkares wrote:
Well,
The attack isn't made by Echidna but by the poison token, so I'd guess Torment doesn't apply.
Seems to me the most logical and simple option as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Echidna Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echidna Poison   Echidna Poison Empty

Back to top Go down

Echidna Poison
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Mythic Battles: Pantheon :: Gameplay-
Jump to: