A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boardgames you currently play

Go down 
+14
Ricardo Tapias Rios
Mario
Ken
Teowulff
Kalack99
Tisiphone
Phoenixman
Hellikin
TontonFranz
Cryocat
Pseudonyme
Vlad
Selkares
Biel
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Boardgames you currently play Empty
PostSubject: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 8:13 am

Hi people,

Wondering what boardgames you play at this moment?

For me it's Blood Rage and Mare Nostrum: Empires.
Back to top Go down
Biel
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 9:37 am

Bloodbowl of course for more than 20 years, Gear of war, Zombicide, MB:P PNP Smile
Back to top Go down
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 9:43 am

I'm more on Zombicide, Star Wars Rebellion and Conan for the moment

Teowulff wrote:
For me it's Blood Rage and Mare Nostrum: Empires.

How is Mare Nostrum, didn't get to play it yet but it may be a game I like.
How would you rate the strategy side of the game and the difficulty of teaching the rules?

Back to top Go down
Vlad
Villager
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 10:40 am

Conan and Star Wars Rebellion too.
And Cards Against Humanity !
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 11:15 am

Selkares wrote:

How would you rate the strategy side of the game and the difficulty of teaching the rules?

Mare Nostrum - we like it a lot. The rules aren't all that complicated and the rulebook is really very clear.
Strategy wise it's waiting for opportunities and then strike at the right moment. Roughly a mix of Catan and Risk.
What's also a good tactical layer is the leader thing where the trade, build and military leader determine the player activation sequence.
Some empires (Egypt, Atlantis) are a bit weaker than others but the last mini-expansion with new leaders will balance that out, too.

How's Zombicide? I have it but still haven't played it.
Back to top Go down
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 11:53 am

Teowulff wrote:
Selkares wrote:

Mare Nostrum - we like it a lot. The rules aren't all that complicated and the rulebook is really very clear.
Strategy wise it's waiting for opportunities and then strike at the right moment. Roughly a mix of Catan and Risk.
What's also a good tactical layer is the leader thing where the trade, build and military leader determine the player activation sequence.
Some empires (Egypt, Atlantis) are a bit weaker than others but the last mini-expansion with new leaders will balance that out, too.

How's Zombicide? I have it but still haven't played it.
Thanks, i'll really have to try it.

Zombicide is pretty fun but simple.
It's a basic cylce of move to objectives/away from zombies, look for better gear, kill Zombies with better gear, and repeat until all objectives are met or you are all dead Razz
I like it for the simple rules, insta-fun it provides especially for new boardgame players, but not deep enough (at least for me) on the long run.
That being said I only have the base box (retail) and not a single expansion.
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 12:05 pm

Same here, Zombicide Black Plague. My wife and I did not finish the core game campaign yet. And the Abomination pack is waiting to be painted (the sculpts are big and fantastic I think).

We will start to play Descent as soons as I paint enough minis.
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 6:46 pm

Currently only X-Wing and Zombicide Black Plague. Also have Massive Darkness on the way.
Back to top Go down
TontonFranz
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 7:06 pm

Mice & Mystics, Zombicide Black Plague, 7 Wonders, Neuroshima Hex, SmallWorld (+Undergound), Mage Wars, NightFall, Summoner Wars, The Big Book of Madness
Currently waiting for my son to finish painting his Age of Sigmar minis to play and we are preparing two Saga (Vikings vs Anglo-Dane) bands (these last two are not really boardgames to be honest...)
Back to top Go down
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 7:25 pm

I like a pretty wide range of games. Some of my favorites include:

- Cosmic Encounter

- 1775: Rebellion

- Arkham Horror

- Kemet

- Troyes

- Cthulhu Wars

- A Game of Thrones: the Boardgame

- Mice & Mystics
Back to top Go down
Phoenixman
Villager
Phoenixman

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 9:20 pm

Blood Rage, Spartacus, Cyclades, Kemet,
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 9:50 pm

Since a few years I am looking for good games that will appeal to more casual players (both men and women) that don't want to spend hours on a game and don't want to learn rulebooks full of special rules.
But on the other hand: they also must be challenging (so not just luck based), preferably nice looking (minis and such) and have some longevity. I don't find it all that easy to find those!

I really pledged for a bit too many promising KS games, I still haven't played Plague Inc, Zombicide and Shadowstar Corsairs Embarassed (and sold Scythe because we found it a bit boring with little interaction and way too much micromanagement).

.. I hope MB:P will prove to be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Tisiphone
Villager
Tisiphone

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 9:58 pm

I play Descent. The Road to Legend app is great! I also play Z:BP, Conan, Eldritch Horror and Blood Rage.
Back to top Go down
TontonFranz
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty5th January 2017, 10:58 pm

Teowulff wrote:
Since a few years I am looking for good games that will appeal to more casual players (both men and women) that don't want to spend hours on a game and don't want to learn rulebooks full of special rules.
But on the other hand: they also must be challenging (so not just luck based), preferably nice looking (minis and such) and have some longevity. I don't find it all that easy to find those!

I really pledged for a bit too many promising KS games, I still haven't played Plague Inc, Zombicide and Shadowstar Corsairs Embarassed (and sold Scythe because we found it a bit boring with little interaction and way too much micromanagement).

.. I hope MB:P will prove to be a lot of fun!
You could try SmallWorld, the rules are really simple, but the fun is here (with a touch of strategy)
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty6th January 2017, 10:56 am

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

I currently play on a regular basis: Star Wars Rebellion, Zombiecide: Black Plague, Betrayal at the House on the Hill with Widow's Walk, Dice Masters (not a board game), Star Wars Risk, Star Wars Miniatures (Wizards of the Coast), and several others periodically - Temple of the Beastmen (Space: 1889), Dragonlance boardgame (1988), Talisman (FFG all expansions), Settlers of Catan, and Monster Derby. Today my friend and I will be playing Mechs Vs Minions for the first time! Looking forward to that!

Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty6th January 2017, 11:22 am

TontonFranz wrote:
You could try SmallWorld, the rules are really simple, but the fun is here (with a touch of strategy)
Thanks, I wil seek it out! Very Happy

Remarkable that you people have time to do so many games *jealous*!!
I'm also suprised to see that Zombicide is so popular ...
Back to top Go down
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty6th January 2017, 4:54 pm

I just picked up Inis (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155821/inis) and got it to the game table last night.

Everyone loved it!

We had 4 of us playing.  Myself, who owns the game, and 3 others.  Two of them said they needed to go out and get a copy for themselves, and one said it was now in his top 5 of favorite games.  Smile

This is a light area control/card drafting game.  Battles don't always happen, but when they do, they can become chaotic bloodbaths!  It's simple yet offers a number of tactics to win.

This is based around Celtic mythology (Cuchulainn, the Morrigan, Dagda, etc).  I know we had a number of MB:P backers who were interested in the next Mythic Battles using Celtic mythology.  If you like that, this game is worth looking at!
Back to top Go down
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty6th January 2017, 6:04 pm

I got INIS as well,

PLayed only a single 2player game for now, but it is indeed very nice.
Back to top Go down
Ken
Villager
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty7th January 2017, 4:56 am

Zombicide BP (All expansions. I'm addicted to this game, and regularly make custom missions for my group.)
Mechs vs. Minions
Ghost Stories
Pandemic
Walking Dead Best Defense
Cry Havoc
Memoir 44
Back to top Go down
Mario
Villager
Mario

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty7th January 2017, 6:18 am

Recently we've been playing The Voyages of Marco Polo a lot. Really wonderful euro with fantastic mechanics and theme.

Last edited by Mario on 7th January 2017, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty7th January 2017, 6:28 am

Teowulff wrote:
TontonFranz wrote:
Thanks, I wil seek it out! Very Happy

Remarkable that you people have time to do so many games *jealous*!!
I'm also suprised to see that Zombicide is so popular ...

What surprises you about Zombicide being popular? It's a great looking game, tons of miniatures, easy to follow rules (I play with my 8 y.o son) and it's co-op so my son doesn't cry when I beat him like X-wing.
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty7th January 2017, 6:32 pm

Cryocat wrote:
What surprises you about Zombicide being popular? It's a great looking game, tons of miniatures, easy to follow rules (I play with my 8 y.o son) and it's co-op so my son doesn't cry when I beat him like X-wing.
Not so much that it is popular (BGG rating is good with a 8.0) but more the fact that so many people play it.

Aftwer all, there's a lot of games with pretty decent ratings around ..
Back to top Go down
Ricardo Tapias Rios
Villager
Ricardo Tapias Rios

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty14th January 2017, 5:46 am

SW: Rebellion is the game we are addicted to right now. Sadly I must admit my gaming group has become tired of Conan bad described scenarios with the same heroes and bad writen rules after three or four games... so it is "parked" till the issue is solved... a pity for such a great game, you don't know how much this dislikes me, but they are right, they don't want to play if they don't know exactly how to use some rules or aren't able to choose heroes.

Now we only play SW: Rebellion and, when we got time (and depending on number of players), Bolt Action.
When we don't have time at all, we go for quick classics such as carcasonne, space truckers, catan or pillars of the earth.
Back to top Go down
ODonovan
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty20th January 2017, 4:34 pm

I'm playing a lot of board games, mostly Carcassonne and Stone Age at the moment.

I'm also waiting to try Massive Darkness.
Back to top Go down
thefloriantrout
Villager
thefloriantrout

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty27th January 2017, 8:25 am

most recently:

Camp Grizzly
Soccero
Kingdom Death:  Monster
Fury of Dracula
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boardgames you currently play   Boardgames you currently play Empty

Back to top Go down

Boardgames you currently play
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next