A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deluxe Storage Box

Go down 
+4
Malamute
Voice of Olympus
Garshell
Zebra
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zebra
Villager
Zebra

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 9:58 am

I have a question about the Deluxe Storage Box...can I put the Dashboards in it or is it only for the cards? If it is only for the Cards...why should I need it? The Cards have there place in the boxes with the Dashboards and the minis, or?
If i buy the Storage Box only for the Cards, I have just another box that needs a lot of space more...

Sorry, but I see no sense in it. Shocked

Tom
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 10:05 am

Only for cards, omphalos and tokens. Dashboard and figs won't feet in it.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 10:32 am

The deluxe storage box is essentially a card organiser, as you can get for collectable card games like MtG.

With all the expansions and SG, there are a huge number of cards to sort, and the DSB provides a bespoke storage solution where all of them can be in one, tabbed and indexed place - allowing you to find what you need much more quickly. It also stores all the dice and tokens.
Back to top Go down
Zebra
Villager
Zebra

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 12:11 pm

Thank you for the answers, but it still does not make any sense. All the Cards are in there Boxes ( Corebox, Pandora and/or Addons) with the Dashboards, right?
Why should I do the cards from the one box out into another? Wink Wink
It makes more sense to leave this in the box in which they belong, right?
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 1:18 pm

I've just spoken to Erwann who is working on this now. He'll upload some photos when he's got all the mock-up cards, etc in place.

The use is simply organisational. When you get the KS package it will have a huge amount of components. This helps you make sense of that mass of goodies.

Of course, you don't have to use it if you have a better plan Smile
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 2:32 pm

I know this was mentioned in the KS comments, but when you put all the clips on the dashboards, will they fit properly in the box with clips on? and/or, with removal of said cards, dice, omphalos into the organizer box, will that then give the dashboards room to properly fit into said original boxes?

I know it was said to be yes,.... but since it is being asked, I figured I would toss this back out there. :-)
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty4th January 2017, 3:39 pm

Could you give me the height of a clip please ? i mean the part who bump out of the dashboard on one side only. i ll try to build an organizer map to put all in a box, and check the total size at the end.
thanks Quirkworthy
Back to top Go down
skies
Villager

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty5th January 2017, 8:45 pm

I think the point is that the core box is designed to hold the core game. The stretch goals more than double the content to the point that everything probably doesn't fit in the core box anymore, and everyone is going to have to come up with their own system anyway.

While you could store the cards with the dashboards using bags or something, you are going to have to use a second box anyway (probably). For those who opted to get expansions it's even more stuff to keep track of because you will have multiple boards, TONS of minis, tokens, etc. Fitting it all in 3 boxes will be an effort. At that point it is objectively simpler to have a box for all the cards, tokens, etc, so that those things are easy to pull out and store. I don't know if you've played a game like Dominion, but those organizers are really nice. Yes they are bulky, but if you've got the space you will be glad to have it.
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty5th January 2017, 9:02 pm

I can imagine the Actication Cards, Draft Cards and AoW cards alone will easily take up the space of 1 big box.

For my test sessions I printed out enough stuff for 40 units and it's already quite a pile of cards!
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty6th January 2017, 1:00 pm

Erwann is working on the DSB mockup now, alongside all the other storage issues. He's promised some photos soon, probably at the start of next week.
Back to top Go down
Isrephael
Villager

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty30th January 2017, 9:37 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
Erwann is working on the DSB mockup now, alongside all the other storage issues. He's promised some photos soon, probably at the start of next week.

Did this happen and I missed it? If so, where might I find the photos?
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty30th January 2017, 10:14 pm

They changed the dashboards a bit so the dashboards should fit into the box now I believe. In the last Leo live I believe they showed a not completed box.

But 700 cards plus dashboards is a lot to stick in a box!

Hopefully they get a final version soon here.
Back to top Go down
frch0603
Villager

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty7th February 2017, 6:03 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:

Hey QW, was there any update on this yet, a mock up of the box?, will the new small dashboards fit as well now?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
skies
Villager

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty9th February 2017, 2:58 pm

Zebra wrote:
Thank you for the answers, but it still does not make any sense. All the Cards are in there Boxes ( Corebox, Pandora and/or Addons) with the Dashboards, right?
Why should I do the cards from the one box out into another?  Wink  Wink
It makes more sense to leave this in the box in which they belong, right?

Yes and no. The models will come supported with inserts, but quality plastic models don't 'need' to be stored with inserts. You can use bins or bags (or just let them free in a box) and it can massively reduce the number of boxes required to store game components. It might not seem like it now, but if you went for an all in bundle you will find you have a lot of boxes, and opening them all will get old very quickly. If you are bored, go check out the forum for the others: 7 sins on boardgamegeek. That game has a lot of models once you get all expansions (just like mythic battles) and there are a large number of threads where people share their solutions.

If you are painting your models and don't trust sealer to protect them, or if you really want to make sure there isn't a chance for warping, the inserts are still valuable. But once you start condensing a card organizer starts to sound pretty appealing, especially since you likely won't be using every card every game. Dominion is a game that shares this, and people find they really like card organizers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deluxe Storage Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Storage Box   Deluxe Storage Box Empty

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Storage Box
Page 1 of 1