A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty
PostSubject: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty1st January 2017, 2:07 pm

Dear Hellboy lovers!

Getting bored yesterday evening, I took some notes on the highly anticipated non existent Hellboy boardgame with a Myhtic Battles Pantheon crossover!!!

So this is the non existent Hellboy minis I could see in a Mythic Battles crossover (will post some links of all characters art, once I will be able to):
God: Ogdru jahad
God: Azzael (Hellboy's father)
God: Hellboy in his demonic form
Monster: Ogdru hem
Monster: Kriegaffe (a wingless but cyborg ape)
Monster: Sven Olafsen
Monster: Gruagach in its giant form
Hero: Gruagach
Hero: Rasputin
Hero: Baba Yaga
Hero: Roger the golem
Hero: the Black flame
Troops: Frog men

The over way around, Hecate would have to be used, being a major character in the Hellboy universe.

So speaking about this Hellboy boardgame, I would see a very narative game (coop or 1 vs all) with Hellboy punching things at the end of the scenario. Maybe with some "Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective" gameplay and/or a Pandemic approach to stop the frogmen. What do you think guys?
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty1st January 2017, 7:10 pm

Without wanting to have a go at you, and out of genuine curiosity, how deep/detailed is the Hellboy background/story? I'm sure there is a comic book series, and the couple of movies I have seen, but is there more?
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty1st January 2017, 7:39 pm

The Hellboy-verse is very very deep. Mike Mignola used lots of Eastern European folklore (does the term exist in English?) and created his own mythology (inspired by many existing ones but it's still quite distinctive): there is a hell, there is a cosmic lovecraftian God, there is Celtic influences....
If you enjoy the art (which I think is not for everyone), if you enjoy dark mythology, depressed heroes and Hellboy punching things at the end, I can not not recommend you to read the,Hellboy series (focused on... wait for it... Hellboy in stories alterning his own odyssey with amazing short stories) and the BPRD series which is focused on the rest of the BPRD team and which became the backbone of the Mignola-verse.

I don't know what a Hellboy/BPRD boardgame could look like, but it's obvious that a crossover with Mythic Battles could work in both ways by introducing the Hellboy Pantheon in MB and using various minis of MB as legends to uncover in the Hellboy non existent boardgame.

It could (should?) be the next IP game of monolith after Conan One can dream.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Raynz
Villager
Raynz

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty1st January 2017, 11:01 pm

Sounds like you've got your own KS a-brewin... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty1st January 2017, 11:15 pm

If Monolith could see the light... Smile

Now I just have to imagine a way to make a statistics based gameplay!
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty3rd January 2017, 3:45 pm

I can see that a Hellboy game would be fun because I like the character already. Not sure how wide an appeal he would have though.
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty3rd January 2017, 7:33 pm

If you ask me, I think that there is more people into Hellboy (from the comic series or the movies) than into Conan simply because Hellboy is contemporary and modern.

I lack of modern board game knowledge, but as I said here or on KS comment section, I can easily imagine several gameplays that could suit the Hellboy-verse quite well: the Pandemic/X-COM to prevent the plague of frogs or the arrival of the Ogdru jahad, the narrative mechanic of the new Arkham horror card game...
Unlike Conan for which you know that sophisticated or not, the gameplay has to be combat centered and brutal, a Hellboy game should be quite narrative.

QW, if you have gameplay suggestions, just for the fun of it, I'm all ears Wink
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty3rd January 2017, 8:34 pm

I do have, but they're classified Wink
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty3rd January 2017, 8:43 pm

Stop teeeeeeeeeeeeasing me! <giggles>
Back to top Go down
TontonFranz
Villager

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty3rd January 2017, 10:26 pm

QW, you tease too much!! Or not enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty3rd January 2017, 10:55 pm

So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Srna-blushing
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty8th January 2017, 1:01 am

Quirkworthy, you and the Mythic team might have fooled all backers but not me!! Ah ah!
Reading again the first volume of Hellboy, I noticed that the code name of the nazi's project which brought Hellboy into our world is Ragna rok!!!

So I am quite excited that you will finally make a Mythic Battles game based on Hellboy!! cheers

So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games 89f53072-293f-4007-9a67-a3689079e50d

Guess you did not see that coming Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games   So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games Empty

Back to top Go down

So, let's talk about the Hellboy boardgame we'll lobby to Monolith/Myhtic games
Page 1 of 1