A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Characters from other stories....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

Characters from other stories.... Empty
PostSubject: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 3:03 am

Hello Guys,
I am a fan of many great books and movies, and as such, I try to include the characters from them in a different media. So here are a few ideas for a few characters and how they could Play out in Mythic Battles. I will try to only include characters that loosely fit the right time Frame. So I will start with two pretty well know Comic characters.....Asterix and Obelix.

Obelix:

Abilities:
Mighty throw, Block, Guard
Special Abilities:
Retrive!
Pretty much like Heracles "Heraclean Strength" just with the addition that Obelix then moves into the area he throw into.
I am not fat!
A melee attack with 6 dice but each hit that is over the Targets defense gets two hits.
Both Special abilities would cost one art of war card

Asterix:

Abilities:
Leader, Bolster, Phalanx, Initeative
Special Abilities:
Magic Potion
Asterix consumes one of his three Tokens and gets increased stats till your next round.

These are just my ideas to include this two awasome character to this game if you feel like it. maybe I will share my ideas on Atticus from the "iron druid chronicles" next. Feel free to post your own ideas and suggestions!
Sorry English is not my native language. If you have questions just PM me.

Last edited by Garret Grauvogel on 7th November 2017, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 11:01 am

I've heard a few suggestions for alternate characters, but I think you win the prize for least expected Smile
Back to top Go down
Fenrie
Villager
Fenrie

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 11:57 am

Hehe the most famous Gallic characters are now here ! Very Happy

Do you know the Franco-Belgian comic "Thorgal"? In the last volumes he meets Romans and could join your alternate characters.
Archer hability is obvious for him but I have to find other ideas to make him unique.
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 12:41 pm

Voice of Olympus: I havent even started yet....

"Do you know the Franco-Belgian comic "Thorgal"? In the last volumes he meets Romans and could join your alternate characters."
I don't know the Comic but I would like to see your idea for this character.

Forgot to say that Asterix and Obelix come with three activation Cards. Asterix brings two or three AoW Cards and Obelix just one.
If the Layouts for the character Sheets should be released as a download I might Show them that way too. (wink to Voice of Olympus)
Back to top Go down
Fenrie
Villager
Fenrie

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 1:53 pm

Garret Grauvogel wrote:
I don't know the Comic but I would like to see your idea for this character.

Thorgal, viking archer : He is a great archer and warrior, he won a lot of archery tournament
Recruitment Cost : 3
Activation Card : 4
Tactics : 1 Art of War card
Statistics : 6 Attacks, 7 Defense, 3 Range, 1 Move, 6 Life
Abilities : In some of his adventures he used guerrilla tactics and he killed monsters
Archer, Mobility and Monster Slayer.
Special Abilities :
Child of Stars : Thorgal can Retaliate using an Art of War card instead of his Activation card
Odin !!! : Like "Huntress" power from Atalanta (that's exactly his way to fight).

Last edited by Fenrie on 1st January 2017, 7:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 2:11 pm

Here is the teasered character.

Atticus

Hero
Recruitment Cost: 3-4
Activation Cards: 3
Tactics: 2 AoW cards
Stats: attack 6-7, defence 5-6, range 0, move 1, lives 6
Abilities:
Camoflage, Inetiative, Climb
Special Ablities:
Fragerach:
He always attacks against a, by two lowered, defence. (only works at range 0)
Strength of earth:
At the end of his Activation Atticus regainst one Vitality.

Camoflage: This character gains +1 defence against ranged attacks.

There were a lot of Things I wanted to give this character. Because of that I cheated a bit and gave a Basic ability that could aslo be used for other caracters as well. I wold have like to include Oberon and a few other Things but this is the best way to keep him simple. he will be pretty much a glass Canon but also has a good Chance to get into Close combat with the enemy, thanks to his Advantage against ranged attacks.

The next character will be from a pretty Long running series, would fit into my times and will be more of a supportive character....

@Fenrie: Interesting character but maybe reduce his range to 2? Three is really rare.

Last edited by Garret Grauvogel on 2nd January 2017, 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fenrie
Villager
Fenrie

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 2:35 pm

@Garret : You're right, 3 range with Climb is too high, i'll edit my post with this change.

I don't know the "iron druid chronicles" but Atticus looks fun. Your Fragerach special ability works like Torment ?

Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 2:42 pm

Fenrie wrote:
@Garret : You're right, 3 range with Climb is too high, i'll edit my post with this change.
Maybe you give him Monster killer instead of climb? because with climb he seems like a stronger version of Atalanta.

Fenrie wrote:
I don't know the "iron druid chronicles" but Atticus looks fun. Your Fragerach special ability works like Torment ?
Yes, Fragerach works like Torment, it is just stronger.

I would recomend trying the book series out if you can. It is really good and there are a lot of gods involved in it too.
Back to top Go down
Fenrie
Villager
Fenrie

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 8:03 pm

Garret Grauvogel wrote:
Maybe you give him Monster killer instead of climb? because with climb he seems like a stronger version of Atalanta.
Yeah it's hard to create an unique and original hero. I remove Climb from his abilities and back his range to 3 (like Eurystus).

Garret Grauvogel wrote:
Yes, Fragerach works like Torment, it is just stronger.
Perhaps add a precision "Attacks at range 0" like Torment, atm you can combo with other characters who improve range.
Back to top Go down
Raynz
Villager
Raynz

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty1st January 2017, 10:28 pm

I'm not a big fan of "Mash-ups" myself, but this does sound fun... Smile
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty2nd January 2017, 3:55 pm

Here is a ...character a bit more out of time...Doctor Who. Well he is a time traveler so he still fits in...somehow. He is a supportive character and hes no offensive capabilities on his own.

Doctor Who:
Hero
Recruitment Cost: 2
Tactics: 3 AoW cards
Stats: attack 0, defence 5, range 0, move 1, lives 5
Abilities:
Bolster, Leader, Close Protection
Special Abilities:
Tardis:
The Tardis is an area on ist own (like ships). It has a defence of 9 and 7 lives. It can carry the doctor and one additional unit. This unit can't attack as Long as it is inside the Tardis. If the Doctor is inside the Tardis it has flying and a movement of 2. It can be activated with an activation Card for the Doctor.
Regenaration:
If the Doctor would die you can pay one AoW Card to prevent it and remove one regeneration Token from the Doctor (he starts with 7).

Still thinking about a Darlek Monster...

This one is a bit stranger that the ones from before but i just had to write this idea down.
The next character is going to be from Asterix and Obelix again.
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty8th November 2017, 2:38 pm

and Here a few more characters from the Asterix Comics They are not the best solo fighters....but in a team or a group they can work miracles, pulling off some stunning combos...and if they buff each other...or Asterix...:

Miraculix:
Hero
Recruitment Cost: 3
Tactics: 4 AoW cards
Stats: attack 0, defence 6, range 0, move 1, lives 5
Abilities:
Bolster, Leader, Close Protection
Special Abilities:
Cauldron full of Magic Potion:
Miracilix can spend an AoW card, a complex action and take one of the four potion markers from Miraculix and discard it, to give one unit in this area a "free activation" aka. searching your deck for a card of that unit and then being able to do a second activation for free. Until the end of your next round, that character has overall increased stats (mostly movement and attack) and gains the mighty throw Talent.

Majestix:
Hero
Recruitment Cost: 3
Activation Cards: 4
Tactics: 1 AoW cards
Stats: attack 6, defence 7, range 0, move 0, lives 6
Abilities:
Bolster, Leader, Phalanx
Special Abilities:
Shieldbearers:
Majestics enters the game with a troop of shieldbearers. As long as he is in the same zone as they are they both have to move into the same zone and use the same movement range. As long as both shieldbearers live All allies adjacent to Majestix get plus one movement and profit from Bolster.
Jump into the fight:
As a fighting action, Majestix can move into an adjacent zone and deal an area attack of 8 against it (The shieldbearers stay in their current zone)

The shieldbearers have a move of one and guard. They have an attack of 1 (+1 if complete) and a defense of 5 (+1 if complete), as well as a movement of one (which is also increased by Majestics ability) and of course they got the guard ability for Majestix and can be recalled by him.

Hope you like this concept. If you have any suggestions don't keep them to yourself! Share your ideas with the world!

Last edited by Garret Grauvogel on 8th November 2017, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty8th November 2017, 6:01 pm

I like this. And others Astérix characters would blend in quite well in MBP expansions.
Back to top Go down
Garret Grauvogel
Villager
Garret Grauvogel

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty8th November 2017, 11:40 pm

Well...if we ever get a MB:O....I would be very disappointed if we didn't get any great gallic warriors...
(Mythic Battles: Olympus)

(But I would buy it anyway XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters from other stories....   Characters from other stories.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Characters from other stories....
Page 1 of 1