A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew

Go down 
+9
Andynosaure
Dacota of Greenhayes
Raynz
Voice of Olympus
Kalack99
thefloriantrout
Leonidas
Cryocat
Hellikin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty
PostSubject: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty29th December 2016, 7:13 pm

I'm excited that we'll be getting Python, who the Oracle of Delphi worshipped while she used the powers of the original Omphalos. Sounds like a great setup for a custom scenario!

This would play out like a "King of the Hill" scenario.

You would use another figure as the Oracle (Circe? Pandora? Echo?), guarded by Python, who protects her and the special Omphalos she has.

The Oracle would be in the middle of the map, and have a blue Omphalos. This Omphalos cannot move, however it grants 1 AOW card each turn that someone is in the same area as it, and heals damage to Python when he is adjacent to it.

Would need to figure out what role the Oracle has in this battle. She would not engage in combat, and damaging her should result in a penalty (maybe killing her forces you to lose all your AOW cards).

Python would be a common enemy, so luring him away from the Oracle and her special Omphalos would be key. As long as he remains near her, he gets healed.

Goals should be destroying Python, securing the special blue Omphalos, and keeping the Oracle alive. Need to think about this some more.
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty29th December 2016, 7:25 pm

Oracle -

The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew 3c913710

And I love this mini! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Herald
Leonidas

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty29th December 2016, 7:33 pm

Wow, super cool scenario idea!

How about having Andromeda as the Oracle? I think she would be a good fit.

I'd love to see more about this scenario. If I have time, I'll try to play it. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.mythicgames.net
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty29th December 2016, 7:35 pm

Oh wow, me and Leo think alike! Scary! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
thefloriantrout
Villager
thefloriantrout

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty29th December 2016, 10:56 pm

Excellent idea Hellikin!
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty29th December 2016, 10:59 pm

This is a good idea!
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty30th December 2016, 1:04 pm

Sounds challenging Smile

It's nice to think of the Oracle actually providing some sort of prophecy (though most of the historical prophecies were rather unhelpful). No idea how that'd work, but it would be cool. Maybe it would work well in a campaign context - perhaps if visiting the oracle was a node in the campaign tree?

Back to top Go down
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty30th December 2016, 4:33 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
Sounds challenging Smile

It's nice to think of the Oracle actually providing some sort of prophecy (though most of the historical prophecies were rather unhelpful). No idea how that'd work, but it would be cool. Maybe it would work well in a campaign context - perhaps if visiting the oracle was a node in the campaign tree?

Indeed.  I was thinking, in this scenario, the special blue Omphalos would grant AOW cards as long as the Oracle is alive.

As I understand the Greek mythology, the Oracle of Delphi breathed in the vapors coming from the Omphalos which gave her the visions.  This equates in game terms as AOW cards (making you more tactical as you better understand how to deal with your enemies).

So if the Oracle is killed, perhaps the special Omphalos would lose its special abilities and become a regular Omphalos.

But...a campaign involving this would be interesting too.  That could involve taking over guardianship of the Oracle from Python (which in the legends, Apollo did successfully after some struggle).
Back to top Go down
Raynz
Villager
Raynz

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty31st December 2016, 6:27 am

I'm liking the sounds of this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty31st December 2016, 10:07 am

Definitely some intriguing possibilities to be had with this theme.
Back to top Go down
Dacota of Greenhayes
Villager
Dacota of Greenhayes

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty31st December 2016, 5:34 pm

Cool ideas guys. This is exactly what I was hoping for from this community and I find it on Day 1. Awesome. And we have all year to dream up more and more and more....
Back to top Go down
Andynosaure
Villager
Andynosaure

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty2nd January 2017, 5:45 pm

I think the Halodynes Oracle from Godslayer would make a really decent Oracle of Delphi, don't you think ? I was about to order it to see if I could use it in a specific scenario... Glad to see I won't have to dig too deep to find an idea ! Thanks for sharing your ideas !!!

Can't post any external link yet, but you can look for "Halodynes", "Oracle" and "Godslayer" to see it ! I'll edit this post as soon as I can share links !!!

Edit : Thanks to this topic - or because of, it depends on the point of view ! - I bought the Halodyne Oracle mini, and some others like the demarchon... I don't know if I should thank you, guys, or hate you for making me spend my money !!!
Back to top Go down
MaxC
Villager
MaxC

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty2nd January 2017, 8:26 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
Sounds challenging Smile

Maybe at the begining of the scenario a unit in each player's army is chosen at random (make a deck with 1 activation card from each unit, draw a card). The Oracle has given a prophecy that you must slay that unit. Killing it will give some kind of small reward like an Omphalos card or searching for a card in your deck for free. It could be a fun little optional objective that could help give you an edge during the battle.

I definitely think killing the Oracle should be punished, perhaps by cursing the player who landed the killing blow. The cuse could be as simple as having to discard a card at the start of each turn, and the curse is lifted by passing a turn or emptying your hand.
Back to top Go down
Carandini
Villager
Carandini

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty5th January 2017, 2:36 am

An idea for the Oracle would be that she allows a re-roll once per turn to the player with the most units in her area? Some sort of re-roll benefit I think would best reflect her ability to prophesize the future.

Great idea for a scenario, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty13th February 2017, 10:59 am

If she's wounded or killed Apollon would just show up and throw all his hanger against the killer... At least that was how he was reacting between the two Titanomachies.
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty16th February 2017, 12:21 am

I agree that once you kill the Oracle, you have to discard your hand of AoW cards.

I also think that the unit that killed her should specifically be cursed. Perhaps they receive a permanent negative to their attacks and defense?

@MaxC I like your idea of having a unit from each force granting bonuses when defeated. However, I would add that the Divinities shouldn't be part of this unless this was used in a specific way for a campaign of scenarios. Also, the more powerful the unit, the better the benefit from the prophecy:

Troops - receive 1 bonus AoW card draw or search manoeuvre.

Hero/Monster - replenish a lost Troop unit which had already been deployed as if they were Recalled removing tokens but do not move them to your Divinity or drop Omphalos and 1 bonus AoW draw or search.

Just some ideas I had for this cool scenario
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty10th April 2017, 2:23 pm

Hellikin wrote:
The Oracle would be in the middle of the map, and have a blue Omphalos.

Am I right in remembering the Delphes' Omphalos being the stone that Kronos ate thinking it was baby Zeus ?
Maybe as part of the scenario or a campaign, this Omphalos could be a weapon against Kronos...
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew   The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oracle of Delphi Homebrew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Mythic Battles: Pantheon :: Homebrew stuff-
Jump to: