A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Suggestions

Go down 
+19
Orword
Malamute
lampourde
Hestis
Lopyod
Biel
meanwhale
Teowulff
Kalack99
thefloriantrout
Pseudonyme
KerenRhys
Garshell
Bertrand F
Voice of Olympus
Leonidas
Selkares
Hellikin
Cryocat
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 5:58 pm

Once again thank you so much for getting this up and running guys! Hopefully it proves to be a great meeting place for all the backers and keeps the excitement going as we move towards December 2017!

Can I just make a couple of suggestions for the forums?

1. Color - I asked this in another thread, but is the color set to be black and red? It seems very foreboding/aggressive, I would suggest a more neutral theme.

2. Sub-forums - Can we have sub-forums set up for all of the miniature categories - titans, gods, monsters, heroes, troops. This will allow us to more easily find the miniature we are after (like Maiike set up on the unofficial forums - (can't post a link affraid )
Back to top Go down
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:02 pm

I agree about the color, it's a little hard on the eyes.

It would be nice to see some of the artwork across the top, much like the MBP Kickstarter now has. There's a lot of great artwork (we even have an art book coming!), so might as well use it!

And make the colors align with that artwork. Otherwise, I'm happy you guys are setting this up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:10 pm

The colors are ok on my side, though are a bit generic (red and black, not really the global MBP theme).

However having more artworks lying around would indeed make it look much better!
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Herald
Leonidas

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:12 pm

Thank you for your suggestions, guys!

This forum will evolve, of course, and we wand to have your opinion.

Changing the colors should be easy. Using our artwork should be possible too. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.mythicgames.net
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:15 pm

One of the good things about having our own forum is that we can mess about with it as we go along - we're not stuck with the style forever.

I don't mind the striking black and red style for the moment because it is distinctive. At least, none of the other forums I read use it, which reminds me of which one I'm on...

We'll see how we go. We can certainly change things if we need to Smile
Back to top Go down
Bertrand F
Villager
Bertrand F

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:17 pm

Hi Leo and Jake,

Maybe a section with info on the 13th of january PARTY would be interesting.
Have a nice day.

B.
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Herald
Leonidas

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:20 pm

You're absolutely right, Bertrand, and we will give ALL THE INFORMATION on this party here as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.mythicgames.net
Hellikin
Villager
Hellikin

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:26 pm

To that point, maybe use the News section for the upcoming party announcement, the details of the next Leo Live, etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:32 pm

The party, Leo Lives, etc are what the news section is for Smile

Voice of Olympus
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 6:35 pm

In general, I would like to minimise the number of sub forums as that can lead to a very fragmented discussion of things which are really inter-related. For example, while discussing an individual unit is interesting, the real value is understanding how it relates and compares to everything else.

If it needs balancing, then that's only in context, never in isolation.

We can pin important posts as needed.

Let's see how we go. We can always change if we need to Smile

Voice of Olympus
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 7:33 pm

Going to be a long seven days without being able to post links No
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 7:55 pm

i agree with the color... i think i ll buy new eyes soon =/.
i see black line everywhere when i look arround =_=.

About sub forum for units i understand your point of view Mr Voice, but it would be nice to have more explanations about powers for some units with complexe one. But we will see that with time.

About tabletop simulator, it would be nice to have a dedicated section to link this software and organise party with player who get this plateform. I already play with almost all unit and wait to clarify some little questions, but its really nice already.

cya arround
Back to top Go down
KerenRhys
Villager
KerenRhys

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 8:07 pm

By the way, it seems that signature have been disabled at the admin level (either that or I'm THAT unskilled at using forums, so I'll bet on the first in order not to be too sad yet tongue ), is it intended or something not set yet?
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 9:42 pm

Concerning the security of the forum, I think that the forum database should not store uncrypted password (cf. the activation mail that shows your uncrypted password). That should be fixed.
Back to top Go down
thefloriantrout
Villager
thefloriantrout

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 10:51 pm

i'd like to recommend that Voice of Olympus gets an Avatar. Zeus perhaps, or some lightning bolts.
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty29th December 2016, 11:39 pm

+1 on the passwords
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 12:24 pm

Agreed on:

1. More subforums. Look at BGG:
General
Rules
Reviews
Sessions
Strategy
Variants
News

2. Subforums for:
Gods and titans
Monsters
Heroes
Troops

.. like on the unofficial forum. It would be very handy to post updated stat cards/dashboards there so we can see how the most current card looks like.

Colours .. I don't really mind either way. Black is very economic for your PC power usage! ;-)
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 1:07 pm

Pseudonyme wrote:
Concerning the security of the forum, I think that the forum database should not store uncrypted password (cf. the activation mail that shows your uncrypted password). That should be fixed.

You can't really say they aren't encrypted in the database with just that. Maybe the mail was sent to you before your password got encrypted and stored in the database. The only way to know how they are stored is :
1. to check the database directly
2. click on the "I forgot my password" link and see if it returns your password as you entered it the first time

A good rule for forums in general :
Never use your real passwords for them. Create a random password and then just ask your browser to log you automatically. The day you need your password, just re-create it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 2:32 pm

Got my old Q avatar back. Couldn't find it at first.
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 2:51 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
In general, I would like to minimise the number of sub forums as that can lead to a very fragmented discussion of things which are really inter-related. For example, while discussing an individual unit is interesting, the real value is understanding how it relates and compares to everything else.

Voice of Olympus
Well I think we do at least need a "General" subforum. I don't think I ever seen a forum without.

As you see now, it's all posted in off-topic. Which isn't really an appropriate subforum.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 3:03 pm

Re: sub forums.

I'm not convinced these will be all that beneficial. I often find that they fragment discussion in an unhelpful way when most of the issues are about balance and comparison.

I think that I can get all the differentiation we need using a combination of the areas we have, plus pinned topics. We'll see.

@Teowulff - what's your idea of "General" going to have in it?
Back to top Go down
Biel
Spartan

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 7:19 pm

You could keep a general forum without an official language for things that concern all of us like "News and Announces", "Rules issues", "International Events", etc...
This forum will probably naturally run in english where we can expect official answers.

And create "National" sub-forums for national events and gamers who can't speak english, where we can't expect your answers.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 9:22 pm

Given the multi-lingual and very helpful backers we had on the KS comments, I would be surprised if we couldn't find a moderator to help us look after any non-English sections we end up with.

Mods in general are something we spoke about in the KS comments when this forum was first mentioned, but today is the first official day, so there are plenty of kinks to iron out...
Back to top Go down
Teowulff
Villager
Teowulff

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty30th December 2016, 10:13 pm

Voice of Olympus wrote:
@Teowulff - what's your idea of "General" going to have in it?
Well, look at BGG or other forums. Everything ranging from delivery date, how do you print your PnP, the size of the boards, "is it dec2017 yet?", which expansions should I pick - basically game related like what is posted in the KickStarter comments are mostly things that would be best suited in a "General" subforum.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Lopyod
Villager
Lopyod

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty31st December 2016, 1:39 am

i think too that "langage" sub forum are important as many players will not be english friendly and they should feel in the good place here too.

another suggestion is to put the team comment in a different color so we can directly see when someone of the team answer. it will also be really helpfull for people whe were not so much on the Ks to understand who are the guys in charge of the project.

The Marvel heroes forum is a really good exemple for this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Off-topic :: Off-topic-
Jump to: