A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Base trimming, thoughts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Labyrinthsecho
Villager

Base trimming, thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty3rd April 2017, 9:13 pm

Just watched the team game on beasts of war and noticed some of the bases were oversided, covering entire zones. Mainly Cerberus I was thinking it would be a good idea to trim the base down so there isnt so much excess. Maybe the Hydra too.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty4th April 2017, 11:07 am

I agree a base doesn't seem to be required for some very "stable" figures like the Hydra or Cerebus (should be easier to paint too).
Some of the mini I would think may not need a base: Dragon of Thebes, Colchis Bull, Sphinx, Lycaon, Manticore, Cecrops, Artemis' dogs, Poseidon, Charibdis (which seems to be baseless), Campe, Arachne's spiders, Calydonian Boar, Ladon, Echidna, Teumessian Fox, Basilisk, Typhon, Circe's pigs, Tityos and Python.
I am quite sure that Ketos (which is a Conan mini originally) won't have any base.
Note however that the rules states that you put an omphalos on the mini's base in order to represent the unit is carrying it.
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty4th April 2017, 2:56 pm

... so you just have to cut it if you want.
I prefere with base.
Ketos come from an other game and is the exception.
Back to top Go down
Garshell
Spartan
Garshell

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty4th April 2017, 3:01 pm

@Quirkworthy: Any news about the rules ? what will be the next step ? what about all Dashboard ?
Keep work with the community to prevent all mistake for later.
You already decide to rework the Dash without the community (and i think its a mistake), did you plan to show us your work ? we could also upgrade our PnP or Tabletop simulator tools.
Back to top Go down
Labyrinthsecho
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty5th April 2017, 1:42 pm

For the print and play i have been putting the Omphalos on the dashboard of the carrier (if a god absorbed one it goes next to tge dashboard). Not hard to look at the opponents area to see who is carrying one. I have noticed even in the gameplay videos that on the base, they keep falling off or on smaller bases don't fit very well or if the model is facing the wrong direction hard to see. But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty6th April 2017, 10:35 pm

Yea,.. the omphalos on the base thing is probably the least satisfying part of the game I see. They simply always fall off and are a pain in the butt to get on the base in many circumstances; from what I have seen. I kinda wish there was a small indent on each base where the omphalos goes. *shrug*

Back to top Go down
Malamute
Villager
Malamute

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty6th April 2017, 10:36 pm

I may actually make some sort of thing I can put on the bases specifically for omphalos.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty7th April 2017, 8:47 am

Sounds like a good idea !
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
Teymenator
Villager
Teymenator

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty1st May 2017, 11:47 pm

Check out my post on pre based minis NOOOO!!!! Do not shame a base. The basing of a mini can turn a good minituare into one the gods would love to show case! Just as a good paint job helps use see the mni the base breathes life into it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Base trimming, thoughts?   Base trimming, thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Base trimming, thoughts?
Page 1 of 1