A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kal91a
Villager
kal91a

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty28th September 2017, 7:45 pm

Ooo, sounds nice. Some realistic water with neon paint to represent slime and we'll have a ass-kicking Space Marine trashing the tyranid incubation chamber.
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty28th September 2017, 7:49 pm

I'll have to use glue instead, money's getting tight...
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty1st October 2017, 11:20 pm

Another one bite the brush!

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 22157110

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 22193011
Back to top Go down
kal91a
Villager
kal91a

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty3rd October 2017, 1:27 am

Kalibaouche wrote:
Another one bite the brush!
lol! Maybe I'm easily amused, but I find that really funny.

Nice orc (Warhammer?)  I love that you put a device on the shield.  I've seen enough examples of people who do not to appreciate it when someone put in the effort to do so.  Hmm, I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, but that won't stop me Smile  I think a little bit more basing would make this mini extra special.
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty3rd October 2017, 11:03 pm

i'll try to base all that needs basing
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty14th October 2017, 9:19 pm

I'm gonna do the basing, I promise!

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 22426410
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty17th October 2017, 10:24 pm

I did some (simple) basing this weekend!

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 22519610

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 22519310

Be gentle, this is the second time I base, and the first time I try to create and sculpt textures.

More pics to come (previous minis, simple basing, aka grass)
Back to top Go down
kal91a
Villager
kal91a

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty23rd October 2017, 7:34 pm

I'm not certain what the strands are on the back of the figure. Is it suppose to be gooey tyranid slime? I think the white colour left it a bit ambiguous. If it is, good job. I can see the oozing that you did there. I would only suggest adding some colour to them. Neon green or violet are always good for tyranid slime. I've never done something like this, so I have no advice on actual execution Sad

If it's not slime, then maybe you can give me some hints as to what it is.
Back to top Go down
kal91a
Villager
kal91a

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty23rd October 2017, 7:47 pm

Kalibaouche wrote:
I'm gonna do the basing, I promise!

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 22426410

Nice job on the warcaster.  Nice hair Smile  The part that could do with some improvement is the pants.  I had to look him up on Privateer site to understand that was part of the pants.  I think you highlight was a little too heavy there.

I think I have him somewhere in my collection of unpainted minis.  If I wasn't painting Zombicide: BP at the moment, I would have the urge to dig him out Smile
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty23rd October 2017, 11:06 pm

The strands are indeed slime, I had to mix violet wash with glue to get this effect, and carefully stretch it and attach it with a toothpick. Guess I'll have to buy more colors for the rest. Did the rest of the base (the dirty blue part) but not satisfied with it at all. That's it for this one, time to stop the tests.

As for the warcaster, it's nice of you to say my highlight is a little to heavy when I dropped loads of not diluted enough paint on it! He is part of my Cygnar squad and I wanted him to stand out. Messed a few times on him, though.
Back to top Go down
kal91a
Villager
kal91a

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty24th October 2017, 12:49 am

Well, the Warcaster certainly does stand out. I thought he was pretty good with some minor touch up needed. I like the head the most though. If only because I like that expression you were able to convey.

Sorry I didn't notice the violet in the glue. It's a little light, but now that you mentioned it, I do see the colour. Well, I guess you already know what I'm going to suggest. A little more colour Smile

Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty26th February 2018, 8:14 pm

The shame! The horror!
The sad truth is I could not even begin to paint a single MBP mini. When I got them, I saw that they were a lot better than what I expected. I cannot dare to lay my hands on them right now. I need to get better first.

So, here, have my training works.

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 The_di10
The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Brave_10
The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Brave_11
The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Sword_10
The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 28378210
The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 28276210

I hope to be confident enough soon!
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty10th March 2018, 9:37 pm

I finally began painting MBP! With the help of step-by-steps, though.
The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 29067211
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche   The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Long Road, Kalibaouche's Gallery - La route est longue, galerie de Kalibaouche
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2