A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shame of Ajax

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ram
Villager
ram

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty2nd March 2017, 1:30 pm

With Ajax - The Shame of Ajax power would you lose a vitality just for deploying him (does this account as an activation) because it is unlikely you would be able to inflict any damage that turn?

Last edited by ram on 2nd March 2017, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty2nd March 2017, 2:01 pm

I guess you are refering to the other Ajax' power : the Shame of Ajax

I believe the initial response we got was that no Ajax do not loose Vitality in the Deployement turn because Powers are not active during Complex actions.
The wording in latests rulebook is a bit different now:
2.9 beta wrote:
During their activation, a unit that is taking a complex action is treated as having no talents at all, and only permanent powers.
I guess Ajax description needs to be re-viewed to states if Ajax loose Vitality when he deploys or when he runs now. Because otherwise, with a move of 1, he will probably start to fight with -2 Vitality.

Notice that he needs to inflict damage. It's not enough to go to the fight, he should wound his enemy to prevent the Shame loss. On the other hand, he is very tough to wound. Too bad he doesn't have the Guard ability Wink
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
ram
Villager
ram

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty2nd March 2017, 2:23 pm

Hi Telgar

Thanks for pointing that out (I've edited this post) - I was using the decksforge website and he has the rules the wrong way round on there so will have to let him know.
Back to top Go down
Aquiles10
Villager
Aquiles10

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty2nd March 2017, 7:52 pm

Im pretty sure, I have read somewhere that Ajax will loose a life when deployed too unless you pay the cost. The same way when Atlas is deployed, the owner player will have to deal with Bearer of Heavens.

Was something like inner hability that is always activated.

I think it was written by Quirkworthy because Benoit told him.
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty2nd March 2017, 8:44 pm

Aquiles10 wrote:
Im pretty sure, I have read somewhere that Ajax will loose a life when deployed too unless you pay the cost.

That might be because The Shame of Ajax will probably be considered a permanent power, which would take effect even when the unit is performing a complex action.
Back to top Go down
Aquiles10
Villager
Aquiles10

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty2nd March 2017, 10:24 pm

That might be because The Shame of Ajax will probably be considered a permanent power, which would take effect even when the unit is performing a complex action. wrote:

Yeah exactly.
Now the question is, what or which powers are those considered as permanent power?

Diomedes would loose Doom of the Gods or Oedipus The Answer... just saying two random ones.
Back to top Go down
poymaster
Villager

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty3rd March 2017, 9:40 am

I asked Benoit Vogt about Ajax during the KS , he told me Ajax won't lose HP while he enters the board.
Can't tell for Atlas.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty3rd March 2017, 3:04 pm

poymaster wrote:
I asked Benoit Vogt about Ajax during the KS , he told me Ajax won't lose HP while he enters the board.

Yes that's what I mentioned above. However, the effect of complex action changed since then...
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
ram
Villager
ram

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty3rd March 2017, 6:03 pm

Voice of Olympus has mentioned on the permanent powers thread that they are getting a list made up of permanent powers that are being looked at on a case by case basis. This should sort things and I guess they will not include the Shame of Ajax in the list but we will have to wait and see..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shame of Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame of Ajax   Shame of Ajax Empty

Back to top Go down

Shame of Ajax
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Mythic Battles: Pantheon :: Gameplay-
Jump to: