A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated**

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated** Empty
PostSubject: PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated**   PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated** Empty2nd March 2017, 10:38 am

Hello,

I've magnified and edited a bit the image from the Kickstarter to fit what we have seen on the video.
Area icons are coloured as follow: 3x3 colours to show each player starting zones (Blue, Green, Yellow) - 9 red coloured icons (to hold amphalos).
Background image is blurry but I redraw the lines for readability.

No perfect but good enough to have a test Smile
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByX2EYfZiqCCZVpqT0dBMXpRTW8

Enjoy!

Note:
To cross lava you need to move 2 to jump across (or your unit as 2 in movement or it would need to run -complex action!).  A unit cannot stop on lava (expect fireproof ones I guess).
You can throw units in lava.  these would suffer a 5 dices attack and then be placed on an adjacent non-lava zone at player's choice.
Zones can contain as many units as you can fit in (which is a bit problematic as we don't have real minis)
The link to the video and discussion is found here: https://agoodplace.forumactif.com/t281-beasts-of-war-triple-threat

Last edited by Fredk on 6th April 2017, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated**   PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated** Empty6th April 2017, 2:47 pm

Here is the new(er) version of the map as presented in small res on 5th of April official Update.

All redrawn but background to make it clear enough to test and play.

PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated** Map_vo10

PDF file
if ever you need to edit with Illustrator for your own purpose.

Please tell me if I've miss-interpreted anything.

Rules 2.9 wrote:

Lava - Erupting
3D elements: none
Terrain effect: a unit cannot WALK, RUN or DEPLOY into erupting lava. If a unit enters an area of erupting lava, they become the target of a 7 dice ATTACK. The unit is then moved 1 area into any adjacent non-lava area chosen by the opposing player.

Lava  - Dormant
3D elements: none
Terrain effect: a unit cannot end a turn in this area. If a unit enters an area of dormant lava, they become the target of a 5 dice ATTACK. The unit is then moved 1 area into any adjacent non-lava area chosen by the opposing player.

Shouldn't it be: if a unit stops in /b] an area of dormant lava instead of [b]enters ? Because if not you cannot jump across without taking damages.

I guess the only difference is that you cannot decide to enter or WALK/RUN through Erupting lava. Anyway it seems it's only dormant lava on this map.

I have to test it again but I think I'll add this extra bit to the rule: any 2 blank results would give control on where the unit is moved to the player and not to the opposing player.  I don't like the fact that opposing player gets automatically an extra advantage exactly as I didn't like the automatic advantage given to the player before (and abused by players in last Beasts of War video).  So 0 or 1 blank result: opposing player is choosing.  2 blank results: the player him/herself chooses.
Back to top Go down
projektzaustralia
Villager

PostSubject: Re: PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated**   PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated** Empty7th April 2017, 4:58 am

were the rules done before or after the team fight on Beasts of War because they were letting the BOW team choose their position when falling in lava.

I think Lava should be 7 dice attack all the time and opposing player chooses location and you drop the omphalos on a side of opposing choice IF you receive any blank result on the attack

something needs to stop players getting free runs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated**   PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated** Empty

Back to top Go down

PnP: Volcano Map (as presented in Beasts of War videos) **Updated**
Page 1 of 1