A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beasts of War Triple Threat

Go down 
+3
Atapoti
Fredk
Kalack99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalack99
Villager

Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty
PostSubject: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty28th February 2017, 10:35 pm

Wow! What a battle! If you have not seen it, they uploaded the next Beasts of War video and it is a heck of a game!
https://youtu.be/O9JGpPqz3dg
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty1st March 2017, 4:53 pm

Thank you for the link.

This map is different... zones can contain as many minies as you can make fit in.  No more numbers as on the Olympus map?  Is this a global move for all the maps or a special mechanics only for this one?

Another question I have is about lava zones.  I understand you need to jump above lava zones using 2 moves (that your unit has or by running).  It's crystal clear for zones flagged with the 'zone icon' and containing mainly lava (as highlighted in the image below).  But what about the zones with lava but not containing the specific 'zone icon' (I've drawed a cross on these) ?  Are they considered as cross-able as the bridges are or is the map missing some icons?   Consider Going from A to B to C or from E to F.  
Beasts of War Triple Threat Untitl10
I was tempted to consider the rocks in these zones as equal to bridges but they are other zones with rocks that are described as full lava.  So there's a little reading issue.  Or am I completely missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Atapoti
Villager
Atapoti

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty1st March 2017, 5:47 pm

Fredk wrote:

This map is different... zones can contain as many minies as you can make fit in.  No more numbers as on the Olympus map?  Is this a global move for all the maps or a special mechanics only for this one?

Where did you get that impression? They mentioned zones being full a couple times in this video and you can see the numbers on the map. I can even recall Leo having issue not being able to get on the bridge because the Hydra and one of his units had made the area full (implying that the bridge capacity is 2).
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty1st March 2017, 6:29 pm

You have no numbers written on the Volcano map (check in HD at 22:24).  And you see players, including Leo looking for place to fit mini.  The bridge is full because of the stand of Hydra not because it's limited to 2.
Back to top Go down
Adam Adam
Villager
Adam Adam

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty1st March 2017, 10:59 pm

Fredk wrote:
You have no numbers written on the Volcano map (check in HD at 22:24).  And you see players, including Leo looking for place to fit mini.  The bridge is full because of the stand of Hydra not because it's limited to 2.

Fredk is correct. The map doesn't have numbers on it, just little center point symbols on it. Kind of weird but it does make sense that a bigger unit would fill up a space more so than an arbitrary number of units.

Keep in mind though that this is a prototype version as seen a number of times in the video when the board or play mat has a bubble under it.

Also, did anyone notice the table breaking and leaning pretty heavily at one point during the vid? haha
Back to top Go down
Adam Adam
Villager
Adam Adam

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty1st March 2017, 11:01 pm

Thinking about this theory of units only moving into a space if there is room, this seems severely limiting to larger units. They wouldn't be able to fit into an area as easily as a smaller unit, thus restricting their movement into smaller zones.

We should ask QW this or ask in the next Leo Live.
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty2nd March 2017, 9:20 am

It's probably another mechanics for this map or it hasn't been updated since the kickstarter because it seems the map is exactly as it was here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battles-pantheon/posts/1728892

I have a few more questions:
1- Flying units can fly across or above lava - OK.  But can they be thrown into lava? And if so are  they forced to escape to an adjacent zone of their player's choice or can they just take off above the lava area they were pushed in?  Or could the player choose between either solution. (EDIT: we could consider that they first need to go up on solid ground and not be able to fly directly)
2- At 44:30 in the video, Leonidas (the unit) makes a special action and run across lava to reach the center rock.  But the other player ask if he could have stayed on the smaller rocks in the middle of the lava.  Leo said yes.  But anyway the choice was to run to reach the center zone.  Does this implies that he could have just step normally as if would have stopped on a bridge?  I would think so because if not it would be very messy and open to interpretations.
3- If I can normally walk in and out a zone with lava but containing bridge or rock path, can I still be put into lava in these zones?  I would guess yes (because if not the map would be very unbalanced and unreadable).  But then, as for the flying units, could the projected unit escape into the zone itself and not an adjacent one or would it be forced to move to an adjacent area?  (It's a shame we only see units put into lava in lava only zones in the video).

Last edited by Fredk on 2nd March 2017, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peps
Villager
Peps

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty2nd March 2017, 11:13 am

Adam Adam wrote:
The map doesn't have numbers on it, just little center point symbols on it. Kind of weird but it does make sense that a bigger unit would fill up a space more so than an arbitrary number of units.

Keep in mind though that this is a prototype version as seen a number of times in the video when the board or play mat has a bubble under it.

You are right: this is a prototype.
According to what I know regarding maps, they will all have numbers and symbols at the center of each area.
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty3rd March 2017, 2:08 am

Good point about larger units and capacity. However, I think that they were trying to avoid having rules about unit size to simplify the game. I would like to see an answer to this nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Labyrinthsecho
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty3rd March 2017, 2:25 am

I thInk Atapoti is referring to the other bridge with Hera on it, remember the owner had to move the loin out before he could move is centaurs in so they could use their guard talent. Leo kept saying it was 'Saturated' when three units were on it. Meaning there were numbers maybe on a paper off screen. After all it was just a paper map not a final board.
Back to top Go down
Kalack99
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty3rd March 2017, 3:20 am

I would still like to know if the size of units is going to be a problem, clearly the Hydra on the bridge was an issue. Granted , I could imagine more space being there if I can imagine the battle happening..As we use to say in LARP.
Back to top Go down
Fredk
Villager
Fredk

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty3rd March 2017, 10:25 am

It could also be that the Hydra was resin model and not final plastic size (a bit smaller).
But anyway these are questions to be raised in next Leo Live or on Kickstarter comment page (being a late pledger I cannot comment myself there ...)
Back to top Go down
Labyrinthsecho
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty3rd March 2017, 6:42 pm

Well if Typhon's base is bigger then the hydra it will make it much harder to fit. Couldn't really have those two in a 2 unit space...

We just need to print 5 foot by 5 foot maps, like the old battlemasters game
Back to top Go down
Tepes
Villager
Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty3rd March 2017, 9:05 pm

During Cannes, on some map, the size of some minis could be an issue, like in the tartare one.
6 heel dogs+1 hydra on the same spot...Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beasts of War Triple Threat   Beasts of War Triple Threat Empty

Back to top Go down

Beasts of War Triple Threat
Page 1 of 1