A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Selkares finally in a good place!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

Selkares finally in a good place! Empty
PostSubject: Selkares finally in a good place!   Selkares finally in a good place! Empty30th December 2016, 11:13 am

Hi all,

Selkares here, French gamer from Paris.

I love games with minis, cards and Dice, played quite a lot of 40K a few years back, as well as some Magic even further back.
I'm now more in a board game period rather than a tabletop game period, I dropped 40K for many reasons, but one of them was because of its aging rules and mechanics, and even after a lot of research i never really managed to find another tabletop game to fit my whishes.

The funny thing is, MBP as a board game might very well do that
> Army building
> drafting
> Dice rolling
> Maneuvering
> Epic fights
> Alternate activations
> Simple but deep rules

It's all I've always been looking for in a table top game and a brillant board game brings it to me!!

If you add to that the setting that I love and we've got a winner that made me, for the first time, do an all-in on KS :p
Some may have already noticed I really like mythology, Selkares being a nickname I chose in my teens, a simple mix of the Egyptian Selkis Goddess and Ares who I'm sure you are familiar with Wink

That's it for me
Bests of luck to the enitre Mythic Games and Monolith teams for MBP and all future games!!

PS: For all Parisian gamers, if you could recomend a nice place to play in Paris for games like MBP, Conan or other similar games I'd be very interested!!

Thanks a lot

Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Herald
Leonidas

PostSubject: Re: Selkares finally in a good place!   Selkares finally in a good place! Empty30th December 2016, 4:43 pm

Hi Selkares!

Your background is very interesting. I see a lot of similarities with my own experience. I was a WH40K player for many years, and I dropped it for the exact same reasons as you.
And I found in Mythic Battles: Pantheon (I can say it because I'm not the game designer!) exactly what I liked in WH40K (and Magic: The Gathering): immersive background, beautiful miniatures, spectacular battles on a gorgeous battlefield, army creation and competition (I could also say that the game allows great combos).

I'm particularly honored to read your message, and discover that you went all in for the first time on a KS.

Since I'm from Paris, I can recommend a very nice place to play MBP, Conan and other similar games: Waaagh Tavern, near Montparnasse. They love MBP and Conan, and we'll have partnerships with them.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.mythicgames.net
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

PostSubject: Re: Selkares finally in a good place!   Selkares finally in a good place! Empty30th December 2016, 5:41 pm

Hi Leonidas,

I do know about the Waagh Tavern, I've been there a few times.
Was even there on your first MBP tournament and tried out a demo, met with Erwann (or Erwan? can't recall who is who :p ) and saw you but you seemed too busy.

That's where I definitively hooked onto MBP.

I'll try and find more places to play the game, but will definitely go back to the Tavern when they organise new MBP events.

I do hope you'll post such events over here if you organise some on Paris.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selkares finally in a good place!   Selkares finally in a good place! Empty

Back to top Go down

Selkares finally in a good place!
Page 1 of 1