A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Echnida vs Manticore?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daedalus
Villager

Echnida vs Manticore? Empty
PostSubject: Echnida vs Manticore?   Echnida vs Manticore? Empty8th February 2017, 10:48 pm

I'm looking at the pledge manager and trying to decide between the two. I like both minis alot, but what about the game play? Any thoughts about which set might be more fun/interesting in play?
Back to top Go down
skies
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Echnida vs Manticore?   Echnida vs Manticore? Empty9th February 2017, 5:54 am

This is just my opinion, but if you are getting more than core I'd certainly go for manticore. It seems to have unparalleled mobility and killing power that would offer a different experience than other units. Full disclosure, I ended up penny pinching and opting out of both because the stuff I am getting is already probably too much game, and I haven't seen the models irl or playtested any of them.

Echinda's Children expansion seems to have a lot of overlap with other abilities in the game. While those monsters would play differently, I don't feel they really 'add' a lot of strategic depth over what you'd already have in the core+stretch goals. The basilisk petrify ability is found on at least 3 other units. Fox is really elusive, but so are several other units, etc. As far as I can tell main draws for Echinda's Children expansion are the models and familiarity.

The other factor is that Manticore is kickstarter exclusive while Children may not be. Odds are if you want the Children later you can get them (that's my plan).

Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Echnida vs Manticore?   Echnida vs Manticore? Empty10th February 2017, 3:01 am

Great. Thanks for the considered response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echnida vs Manticore?   Echnida vs Manticore? Empty

Back to top Go down

Echnida vs Manticore?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: Mythic Battles: Pantheon :: Gameplay-
Jump to: