The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Deluxe Box and clips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Telgar
Spartan

PostSubject: Deluxe Box and clips   14th January 2017, 12:12 pm

Yesterday at Waaagh Taverne I gathered some new infos from Erwann.

Please note that this was just chitchat and not an announcement.

The discussion was first about clips (is it possible to test them) then shifted to dashboards and the Deluxe box (there was a prototype for display by the way).

Here is my own understanding of the topics we talked about:
Dashboard size is too big. It looks even better smaller and takes less space on the table. So they are considering using dashboards 25% smaller.
Dashboards this size could (just) fit in the Deluxe box. Thus Erwann is studying the Deluxe box to be able to fit (all the) Dashboards (without clips) in addition to the cards (AoW, recruitment, divinity, activation).
Erwann was not satisfied with the clip system as it makes the dashboard "unstable" on the table. So with the redesign of the clips to adapt to the new dashboard size, they want to test a smaller, thinner clip which will still be plugged into the dashboard sliders. There will not be another clip to fix it on the backside. (basically it will be one piece rather than two)

Remember that it is just discussions and not an official announcement but it is the way it seems to be headed.
For my part I am rather positive with this evolution. I found yesterday that (the pnp) dashboards takes indeed a lot of space on the table so smaller versions is nice and putting everything in the Deluxe box is great ! (I know there were some complaints on this on KS comments)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://the-overlord.com/
Cryocat
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   14th January 2017, 12:52 pm

I too have my concerns with the clips on the dashboards. From what I can gather (never seen them) is that the clips raise the boards off the table (the unstable comment from Erwann) and you have to pick the board up to change the stats. I would of preferred something which lays flat and you can adjust the stats without having to pick the board up, like the zombicide black plague character boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malamute
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   14th January 2017, 1:29 pm

I actually like the large size dashboards. Makes it feel.... more.... substantial and impressive and the artwork more .... visible. BUT, I want smaller dashboards and an updated clip if the current ones will not fit properly into the box after all dashboards have clips attached. That is very important to me. Once a clip goes on, I do not ever want to have to take them off again, nor do I want to have to have even another box to store all the dashboards properly once clips are attached.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sokoben
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   14th January 2017, 1:51 pm

Sounds good to me. I saw the smaller dashboards yesterday (if they are prototypes of what they intend to do ) and I think it will be more usable.
And for the clips, I am ok that a one-piece model would be better. We just need to slide them easily. If we don't have to clips two parts, it will be easier to put them from one dashboard to another. And probably easier to slide on the dashboard.
Good news tonne confirmed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malamute
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   14th January 2017, 2:56 pm

Cool.

Ya just have to remember, I still miss "album art" because art on cd's is just inferior due to sizing.

Hahaha...

But I do trust the right decisions will be made, as I probably would have been perfectly fine with the old wheel dashboards. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hestis
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   15th January 2017, 2:03 am

I'm also in the camp of liking the larger dashboards for the art, but I understand that table space is important, so if they think the smaller dashboards work better I'll trust their decision. And being able to store them in the deluxe box would be nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thefloriantrout
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   17th January 2017, 12:54 am

i like the idea of the clip (moving it to show current numbers), but i don't like not sleeving them because i tend to sleeve everything.

i guess i'll have to figure something out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopyod
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   17th January 2017, 3:35 am

i likes both ideas, space is quite difficult on the tables now when i play conan so smaller dashboard would be good for that, also i want to fit everything in the deluxe box... one side only clips seem better to, if they don't damage the dashboard when you takes them of i don't care about removing them after each game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   17th January 2017, 4:14 am

Although I like larger graphics, table space is probably more important. As for the clip news, I like the sound of them being one-sided so the dashboard lies flat.

I'm looking forward to the clips. Right now, I'm using 6, 8, 10, and 12 sided dice to track hit points. (Sometimes I use chiclets instead. As my units take damage, my breath gets fresher.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vianney
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   17th January 2017, 5:19 pm

The HUGE black border on dashboard is useless, no ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellikin
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   17th January 2017, 5:50 pm

I have wondered about the clips.  It seems like there must be a better way to do them.

For using a single piece, it could be something like this:

Where it would clasp onto the card.  It would need to be bigger than this however (longer and "windowed"), but I think that could work pretty well.

The underside would need to be pretty flat so the dashboard could rest flat.  But maybe that would work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selkares
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   17th January 2017, 6:25 pm

I remember the MB team talking about durability during the kickstarter.

The current clips have very little contact with the boards, reducing the damage that can be done to the boards while moving them.

The one you show seem to have quite a lot of contact directly on the boards (not on the side or in the rails) and would probably leave some scratches after multiple movements...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mélidis
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   24th January 2017, 12:58 am

Curious to see where we are going with those.

Anyway, do you know about any clips calculator to know how many would be needed depending on what we ordered? I currently ordered one typhon bundle + two core boxes and Manticore + Oedipus/Sphinx + Hell judges and... I feel extremely lazzy to count what is needed minus waht is offered already (15 + 45).
Any solution you've heard about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telgar
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   24th January 2017, 1:01 pm

I am wondering if there will be some space in the box in order to store some clips.

I am not very interested by the big number of clips I'll get with my Typhon bundle as I intend to store the dashboards without the clips to fit them in the box. Having the possibility to store the clips as well would be great (maybe not all the clips but enough for playing... so that's 13 in the Core Box).

It would be great if we could fit terrain mini (columns & trees) in the box as well.
Back to top Go down
Vianney
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   26th January 2017, 12:15 pm

Do you think the Deluxe Storage Box is absolutly essential with a Titan bundle ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peps
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   26th January 2017, 2:52 pm

Yes, it is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garshell
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   26th January 2017, 3:38 pm

Any news about Erwan' prototype ?
Could we see some work in progress about this deluxe box organisation ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telgar
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   26th January 2017, 3:56 pm

I think it passed briefly in the background during the live...
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   15th February 2017, 3:15 pm

If you missed it, there was a presentation of the (one-side) stat clips during last live (feb 8th):
https://live.kickstarter.com/monolith-board-games-llc/

The clips seems to be holding in place even when shaking the dashboard.

There is also a new "WIP" presentation of the Deluxe Storage Box.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   14th March 2017, 10:28 am

Here are some of my thinking on the DSB (copied from KS comments but that's not a great way to keep ideas) :

Looking @Jason comments on DSB and dividers made me check that individual units dividers are indeed part of the initial update design. It made me also wonder how to organise :
- I can see 2 sections for Omphalos cards and AoW cards (by the way, will the extension kit additional cards fit ? I guess not)
- I can see a section for recruitment cards - should there be troop, heroes, monsters, gods & titans dividers ? I would say yes so taking (let's say) 6 cards of each for drafting would be easy
- I don't see a section for divinity cards - why ? Because they are picked up with activation cards so it seems a better idea to group them with the AC of the God/Titan
BTW, do the divinity card have to be the same format as other cards ? I think not. So can we imagine slightly taller divinity cards which will have the additional function of a divider ? (but only for gods&titans)
- Activation Cards may indeed be a very big section. Even with subsections (dividers) like troops & heroes & monsters, searching cards and storing them in the right place after play can take a bit of time. Maybe a few generic dividers can be useful (so that people can use a number appropriate to their pledge).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Box and clips   

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Box and clips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1