A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MBP Mini Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teymenator
Villager
Teymenator

MBP Mini Questions Empty
PostSubject: MBP Mini Questions   MBP Mini Questions Empty12th January 2017, 9:02 pm

I am rather curious about the minis. Do the minis come prebuilt or some assembly required?  Also here is a question on painting for everyone. I noticed a lot of the minis with weapons the blades are painted as steel weapons. Am i wrong thinking the weapons should be bronze , iron, stone, or bone type weapons. Me and some friends are arguing about it. Saying God or Titan weapons would be steel type weapons since they are magical in nature. This is the bronze age after all. What is everyone else opinion?
Back to top Go down
Cryocat
Villager
Cryocat

MBP Mini Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBP Mini Questions   MBP Mini Questions Empty12th January 2017, 9:17 pm

The minis are all pre-assembled I believe. As to your weapon question, I don't tend to look that far into things. Whatever looks good and you like I guess.
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

MBP Mini Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBP Mini Questions   MBP Mini Questions Empty12th January 2017, 10:58 pm

Indeed they should be bronze, but not iron. However, even Homer made a mistake when narrating the process of weapon crafting and described that of iron weapons instead, which was obviously much more familiar to him. So, as Cryocat said, I doubt you need to look too deep into history: in that case every miniature will have something out of place or historically incorrect. Don't forget we're still talking about myth. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teymenator
Villager
Teymenator

MBP Mini Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBP Mini Questions   MBP Mini Questions Empty14th January 2017, 5:24 am

You both have very valid points. I like the idea of mixing and matching the weapon types. i am thinking bronze very much so for the troops. The Gods with steel and the Titans with pitted iron look. I think Chronos' blade would look awesome that way since i cant do the molten blending technique . I think my painting skills are okay at best. Though lots of people say it is way better thent hey ever could paint. Please everyone way in and tell me what you think. Blending history and Mythology together !
Back to top Go down
Chillreaper
Villager
Chillreaper

MBP Mini Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBP Mini Questions   MBP Mini Questions Empty14th January 2017, 10:42 am

I'm planning on doing something different on Chronos' scythe to differentiate it from other weapons - just not sure what! I'm assuming that it's meant to represent the adamantine sickle that he used on Uranus, so it might be time to have some fun.

I'm really looking forward to doing bronzes for a lot of the weapons and armour, mainly because I'll finally get a chance to do some experiments with verdigris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MBP Mini Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBP Mini Questions   MBP Mini Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

MBP Mini Questions
Page 1 of 1