A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Atalanta :: Huntress Power

Go down 
+5
Orword
Biel
Telgar
forficule
Adam Adam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam Adam
Villager
Adam Adam

Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty
PostSubject: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty12th January 2017, 7:11 pm

Does the dashboard from the PNP version have an error on Atalanta's Huntress power?

That power seems to be pretty powerful for not having to cost an AoW card.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty12th January 2017, 9:23 pm

I don't believe Atalanta is overpowered.
She seems like a good unit for 2 RP but her combat stats are low for a hero (5 att, 6 def - normal as she is a 2 RP hero). So the Huntress power means that she is good against a weak adversary (with 2 attacks) or a weakened adversary... in the right conditions (remember she has only a move of 1). If she doesn't kill her target however, she is prone to a counter-attack (retaliation or next turn attack).
Back to top Go down
https://the-overlord.com/
forficule
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty13th January 2017, 8:56 am

I think that Atalanta's power is more a "finish him !" move, as Telgar says, she's very fragile, a good place for her is on a rock, sniping, with amazons if you have some. If Atalanta uses her power against a hero or a monster at full stat, she will regret it : she will do some firing damages, move, do more melee damages but she can't stand a retaliation following by a good melee attack.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty13th January 2017, 9:03 am

forficule wrote:
she can't stand a retaliation following by a good melee attack.

That was my initial feeling too but with the Dodge power her defense is boosted to 8; so she might be more tough than we believe. And she can either dodge or retaliate with initiative against the next melee attack.
Certainly a unit that shouldn't be underestimated...
Back to top Go down
Biel
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty13th January 2017, 1:34 pm

forficule wrote:
I think that Atalanta's power is more a "finish him !" move, as Telgar says, she's very fragile, a good place for her is on a rock, sniping, with amazons if you have some. If Atalanta uses her power against a hero or a monster at full stat, she will regret it : she will do some firing damages, move, do more melee damages but she can't stand a retaliation following by a good melee attack.
I think so. In our first game, Atalanta used her Huntress power to attack twice Héraclès full HP. He just one shot her at the next turn (no AoW card to use Dodge)...
In a 2v2 game, she wasn't bad at the beginning of the game, to kill some minis at troops units, just to put down their talents.
Back to top Go down
forficule
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty13th January 2017, 4:19 pm

In a 1v1 game, my opponent uses her to snipe my puny Hadès blocked by cerbere in the size 2 wood...
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty13th January 2017, 4:50 pm

Biel wrote:
He just one shot her at the next turn (no AoW card to use Dodge)

Are you sure Dodge needs an AoW to be activated?

forficule wrote:
In a 1v1 game, my opponent uses her to snipe my puny Hadès blocked by cerbere in the size 2 wood...

No problem for Hades! (I wish... Rolling Eyes )

I agree her first power is very good, but it needs to be used at the right moment, otherwise it's suicide. Also, don't forget her dashboard might have an error, leaving her with only 1 AoW when recruited.
Back to top Go down
Atapoti
Villager
Atapoti

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty18th January 2017, 11:12 pm

I just noticed that the French PnP files that Leo posted shows an AoW cost for both of her abilities.

I wonder which one is accurate? I feel her current form (in the English PnP) is a bit under-costed, but seems like giving both her abilities a cost makes her much weaker, especially if the rumors of her having giving a single AoW card are true.
Back to top Go down
Peps
Villager
Peps

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty19th January 2017, 11:45 am

Atalanta gives 1 AoW card when recruited, and each of her powers costs 1 AoW card.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty19th January 2017, 1:00 pm

Quite the nerf down Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Peps
Villager
Peps

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty19th January 2017, 3:20 pm

By the way, these were the initial stats of Atalanta, in the first PnP (the one with disks). I think that a mistake occured in the new PnP.
Back to top Go down
Telgar
Hero
Telgar

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty19th January 2017, 4:07 pm

1 AoW for Huntress shouldn't be an issue. As I stated before, I think that it won't be used more than once in the game.
For the Dodge power, I think it is a bit harsh considering Atalanta should already forfeits here retaliation (with initiative) if she wants to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Orword
Villager
Orword

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty19th January 2017, 7:14 pm

Telgar wrote:
Quite the nerf down Rolling Eyes

Indeed. She just went from overpowered to underpowered to me. silent
Back to top Go down
Peps
Villager
Peps

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty19th January 2017, 10:17 pm

Don't think that; Atalanta is one of the favorite picks of my friend Ben!
Back to top Go down
Ken
Villager
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty21st January 2017, 5:16 pm

Why do they keep picking on Atalanta? I was just starting to love her.
Back to top Go down
histeria
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty7th January 2018, 8:04 pm

I have a doubt with Huntress Power. When you make the first attack it must be at range 1+. Can I use it with her own range 2 or even if Atalanta is on a rock 3? In addition, the second attack must be in the same Atalantas´s area or it´s 0 range plus 2 of herself?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atalanta :: Huntress Power   Atalanta :: Huntress Power Empty

Back to top Go down

Atalanta :: Huntress Power
Page 1 of 1