The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A bit late... is there no way?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Garshell
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   10th January 2017, 2:02 pm

The game don't stop after the KS, everybody will have possibility to buy the game in store, even player who actually don't know the game.
They will just don't get some KS exclusive mini who reward backers during the KS and help to increase the total gift.
If you buy it in store, you ll pay a bit more but you ll also help store too =)).
If you won't buy the game in store if you don't have access to PM and buy it lie this, so that s only because you don't want to pay more and have not the full extra game. =)).

I know there are some player who want all or nothing, and then dont' play the game, but its not the majority.
Another good point to have players buying this game in store, this will increase the possibility to increase the success in store and then expansion will come out for more player, not only backers.

So as i said, Titan or Typhon only for late pledger is a good way to make the difference and will help the mythic team too for next project. And players who miss the KA and want all will be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben Clapperton
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   10th January 2017, 2:08 pm

It won't be in the stores for another year. We're talking about people interested in the game right now and we need to catch as many of them as possible. The only argument for denying them product is to make we who backed during the campaign feel special. Nose, face, cutting off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malamute
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   10th January 2017, 3:48 pm

Let all the late pledgers in. Let em get wtvr the heck they want.

Just put that Typhon Pledge in my greedy hands in December this year,... and I could care less what else happens. :-)

Hahaha....

But ya know,... I mean,... if some random extra miniature ended up in my box as a bonus for being an early KS backer because so many people got in on Late pledges,... I mean,... yea.

How about an alternate art miniature of Leonidas using Leo as the model? Hair and all!

That would make me smile.

But yea,... as long as it doesn't cause delays,.... who cares?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KerenRhys
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   12th January 2017, 3:24 pm

It's to be taken with caution since there's no input on this by the MB team yet, but there are recent news that shows that MBP retail life may be compromised (see translated quote below). It could also may be part of the reason late pledge are now necessary. I guess it should be taken into account for the selection of add-ons in the PM too. I hope there will be some feedback from the MBP team on this soon (like a 2-3 weeks before the end of the PM), especially to have some information on what other means of distribution they could use if they really forego retail.

Quote of Fred Henry, Conan author and one of the decision taker at Monolith :
Link in french : https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/ks-legendaire-termine-conan-pour-causer-en-general-du-jeu?page=66&limit=32&display=default
"I discussed with Leo yesterday and we share the same observation : the sales of Conan (TN: there are sales of 25-30% on the game only 2 months after the release in some shop at least in France, and it seems the game doesn't do well in USA as well) mean the end of MB in retail. If some stores want it, they should be able to pledge it at preferential prices but there's no way we'll do this farce again. We'll put some alternative solutions so that players can obtain elements of the game after the KS."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudonyme
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   12th January 2017, 5:03 pm

ouch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thefloriantrout
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   12th January 2017, 5:49 pm

i think that late pledgers should have to pay a bit extra. $20 for God Pledge, $50 for Titan, $60 for Typhon, something like that. reasoning behind my thought is that they did nothing to help reveal any stretch goals. however, neither did those that pledged $1 in order to wait for the PM.

i don't think allowing only Titan or Typhon purchases makes any sense because in the end, those do not benefit the company. the net profit on those has to be very very low.

perhaps not allowing any Titan or Typhon pledges would be the option. so if someone wanted EVERYTHING, they'd have to piece it out.

just my thoughts....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellikin
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   12th January 2017, 6:30 pm

KerenRhys wrote:
It's to be taken with caution since there's no input on this by the MB team yet, but there are recent news that shows that MBP retail life may be compromised (see translated quote below). It could also may be part of the reason late pledge are now necessary. I guess it should be taken into account for the selection of add-ons in the PM too. I hope there will be some feedback from the MBP team on this soon (like a 2-3 weeks before the end of the PM), especially to have some information on what other means of distribution they could use if they really forego retail.

Quote of Fred Henry, Conan author and one of the decision taker at Monolith :
Link in french : https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/ks-legendaire-termine-conan-pour-causer-en-general-du-jeu?page=66&limit=32&display=default
"I discussed with Leo yesterday and we share the same observation : the sales of Conan (TN: there are sales of 25-30% on the game only 2 months after the release in some shop at least in France, and it seems the game doesn't do well in USA as well) mean the end of MB in retail. If some stores want it, they should be able to pledge it at preferential prices but there's no way we'll do this farce again. We'll put some alternative solutions so that players can obtain elements of the game after the KS."

With all due respect to Mythic-

That's part of my worry with using Kickstarter Exclusive content too much.  Personally, I would have a hard time buying MB:P in retail, since there would be SO MUCH of the game which is left out due to being KSE.

This is why I refuse to buy Blood Rage in retail.  Too many components missing- that I don't want missing- from the copy I own.

I'm a completionist, and while the retail version may be completely playable, for me, it's not complete.  (Retail would be missing Apollo for example!)

If the plan is to avoid retail, then it goes into a mode of doing limited KS print runs.  This isn't a horrible way to go, since the molds are already cast, art is done, etc.  But it limits the distribution to the public.  That's a shame, because MB:P is a fantastic game.

We might be seeing more board games shifting to this mode as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reubrico
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   12th January 2017, 6:52 pm

I wonder, if this report is true, if they'll include all of the exclusives and still offer the same bundles during the pledge manager to increase their sales as much as possible before its over?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malamute
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   13th January 2017, 2:42 pm

Do retail where ya can and do direct to customer online sales after KS.

I can see where retail sux0r for Conan. Pantheon has wider appeal IMO when it comes to retail.

But if sellthroughs and sellbacks are a financial problem and major headache, just do direct to customer sales via an MB:Pantheon website.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telgar
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   14th January 2017, 9:40 am

Late Pledge confirmed yesterday by Leo !
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://the-overlord.com/
reubrico
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   14th January 2017, 10:53 am

I was wondering at what part during the video did he mention late pledging? Bc i just saw it and the only thing he he said in regards to late pledging was that they were allowing stores to pledge (which I'm not sure if that extends to individuals such as myself). Unless he stated it at the party and not in the video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sokoben
Villager

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   14th January 2017, 1:53 pm

I am sure it was in the French part of the live. Did not listen to the English part. So it is an official information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bit late... is there no way?   

Back to top Go down

A bit late... is there no way?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2