A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Going back to painting....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TontonFranz
Villager

Going back to painting.... Empty
PostSubject: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty2nd January 2017, 4:59 pm

So I decided a few weeks before MB:P to paint some minis to play with the kids after more than 2 decades away from brushes....
One thing for sure is that painting is a skill you lose quickly (a little bit like not speaking German for several years)... or my memory is just embellishing what I did before... Maybe a bit of both Very Happy
Anyway, I began with a nice little cooperative game perfect for a family afternoon: Mice & Mystics.

So first the heroes/mice:

Going back to painting.... Img_2410
Going back to painting.... Img_2411
Going back to painting.... Img_2412

And all the minis (heroes and enemies) in a family picture:

Going back to painting.... Img_2413

As you can see, still a lot of practice needed...

Now I'm beginning Zombicide Black Plague
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty2nd January 2017, 5:59 pm

I always tell people that the basics of painting is simply keeping the colours between the lines - just like colouring in when you're a kid. After that, it's just endless practise with various techniques (of which there are many)

These mice look rather fun Smile

Back to top Go down
Yuma
Villager
Yuma

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty2nd January 2017, 11:31 pm

do you have painted minis from tailfeathers too?
Back to top Go down
TontonFranz
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty2nd January 2017, 11:49 pm

Yuma wrote:
do you have painted minis from tailfeathers too?  

Nope. I just have the core box for now, but will surely buy some expansions when we finish the first story. As I play with my kids I wanted it in French (for all the storytelling part, I was too lazy to translate Very Happy ) and Tailfeathers hasn't been translated yet... Do you have some ?
Back to top Go down
Pseudonyme
Villager
Pseudonyme

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty3rd January 2017, 8:19 am

TontonFranz, a little advice for Zombicide Black Plague: make sure you alternate zombies and heroes, because there is a lot of "zomblards" (63), and I can assure you that in the end, I couldn't stand to paint them (mainly because I tried to follow Sorastro's advice to make each of them different). I've just finished them 2 weeks ago.

I just started Descent but after I have the 3 enormous abominations, that will be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
TontonFranz
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty3rd January 2017, 8:33 pm

Yeah, I noticed there are a lot of them...
I'll group them by 2-3 having the same color scheme to make it faster...
I also have descent, but we already finished the campaign with the kids andI'm not sure we'll be playing it again... anyway, I have lots of new minis that arrived lately: Blood Bowl, 2 armies for Saga, I'm wondering if I won't get Dreadball Xtreme (if only I knew someone who could tell me if the game is any good Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Yuma
Villager
Yuma

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty3rd January 2017, 9:00 pm

tho i have the game, i dont have any painted birdies..
maybe one day.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kalibaouche
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty9th April 2017, 8:27 pm

Buy some Agrax Earthshade (GW), generously apply with a large brush to all minis. Saves some time for TT minis...

I heard about M&M. Isn't it too punitive?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going back to painting....   Going back to painting.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Going back to painting....
Page 1 of 1