A GOOD PLACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MYTHIC BATTLES: PANTHEON message board.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

meanwhale... not that mean though...

Go down 
+4
Lopyod
Selkares
thefloriantrout
meanwhale
8 posters
AuthorMessage
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty
PostSubject: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty29th December 2016, 10:03 pm

Hi guys,

I kinda felt in love with this game : Greek Mythology + skirmish up to 4 players + draft + card game aspects + special powers + hours of painting... It really sounds like the best game ever to me. That was also the first time I pledged for a game on kickstarter (and maybe the last, but what a pledge...).

I know it's a bit early and I'm not really sure if I'm in the best place to ask that but I've developed a small app for Mythic Battles.

It allows you to :
- Bring your IRL MBP collection into the app and browse it
- Create normal skirmish games or custom games
- Draft with a randomized (or not) set of units
- Manage your units' dashboards
- Save your game (units vitality, omphalos, etc.) to come back to it later

It can also be useful for the pnp version. So...

I've already sent emails to you (Mythic Games and Monolith) a few weeks ago concerning this app but i received no answer. Sad
Maybe it got lost in Charybdis stomach or maybe you simply didn't have time to check it and answer. I wanted to know if there were no problem in using your game concepts, arts, etc. in this app. I hope I'll get an answer here since I'm not sure I'll continue updating the app without any official approval. Smile

I could also create a new thread somewhere in those columns in case players want to add more things into the app or modify/improve it, if you allow me to.

Thanks !

----------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour les gens,

Chuis un peu tombé amoureux de ce jeu : mythologie grecque + escarmouche à 4 + draft + aspects de jeu cartes + pouvoirs spéciaux + des heures de peinture à venir... Ca sonnait vraiment comme le meilleur jeu de tous les temps pour moi alors j'ai fait mon tout premier pledge sur kickstarter pour ce jeu.

Alors, je sais que c'est un peu tôt et je sais pas si c'est vraiment le meilleur endroit pour demander ça mais j'ai développé une appli pour Mythic Battles.

Ca permet de :
- Recréer sa collection dans l'application et la parcourir
- Lancer des parties en escarmouche ou customisées
- Faire du draft avec des sets d'unités générés aléatoirement (ou pas)
- Interagir avec les dashboards des unités
- Sauvegarder une partie (santé des unités, omphalos des joueurs, etc.) pour la reprendre plus tard

Ca peut aussi être utile pour la version pnp du jeu, au cas où.

Je vous ai déjà envoyé des emails (à Mythic Games et Monolith) il y a quelques semaines à propos de cette appli mais je n'ai reçu aucune réponse. Sad
(j'ai pas envie de refaire la "blague" de Charybde en français xD) Le mail s'est peut-être perdu ou peut-être que vous n'avez tout simplement pas eu le temps de regarder mais je voulais juste savoir si je pouvais utiliser vos illustrations, concepts et autres tels qu'ils sont actuellement dans l'app. J'espère avoir une réponse ici, parce que j'avoue que sans une approbation officielle, je ne prendrai pas le risque de continuer à mettre l'appli à jour. Smile

Ca me permettrait peut-être aussi d'ouvrir un topic dans ces forums, au cas où les joueurs ont des suggestions d'ajouts/modifs/améliorations pour l'app, si vous me l'autorisez.

Merci !

ps: we aren't able to post "real" links unless our account is 7 days old but you can still copy/paste this : mythicbattles.decksforge.com , or this play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decksforge.mythicbattles512404 ^^
Back to top Go down
thefloriantrout
Villager
thefloriantrout

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty29th December 2016, 10:54 pm

meanwhale - this sounds fantastic. what platform would it be on?
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty29th December 2016, 11:11 pm

It's already available on :
- Android (starting from 4.1) (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decksforge.mythicbattles512404)
- and as a Web App (mythicbattles.decksforge.com - please use only the latest version of Chrome and Firefox)

It may come for iOS later when i can afford to buy a Mac (mandatory to publish anything on Apple app store).

And... that's pretty much it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Selkares
Villager
Selkares

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty29th December 2016, 11:33 pm

I saw your app on Tric Trac and tested it, it's really great (on web browser), awesome work there!
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 12:29 am

Thanks ! I'd really like it to be even better when the game is released.

But for that the Mighty Gods Approval is needed. ^^
Back to top Go down
Lopyod
Villager
Lopyod

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 1:06 am

yeah the app is great!! i played a bit with the webapp, didn't see there was already an android version i will use right away!
Back to top Go down
Ken
Villager
Ken

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 5:44 am

I downloaded the Android app. I love it! (Although I wouldn't mind being able to filter/sort by AoW cards.)
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Herald
Leonidas

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 8:53 am

Welcome here, Meanwhale!! You are a good man in a good place!! Very Happy

First of all, our apologies!! We ALL saw your great app, and we ALL thought we had answered you. You've done an AMAZING job. It's a fantastic tool!!!
I tried it the very first time you put in online somewhere (was it on Tric Trac or on KS, I don't remember). At this time, not everything seemed to work perfectly, although it looked very promising.
I've just tried it now again, and I must say it's very impressive!
Of course, you are more than welcome to keep working on this, I absolutely love it and will use it.
If you could make it an App for iOS, that would be on my phone for ever. In the meantime, I can still use the web app. Smile
So, let me tell you officially: YES, you have the rights to use all of our artwork and material for this wonderful app. I can tell you something more: if you need high res pictures, or anything, we'll provide it to you.
Now that we have an official forum, it'll be easier to communicate.
Once again, sorry for not having responded earlier. I really thought I did. Smile
Keep up the fantastic job! And you can count on us to support you. Very Happy

Last edited by Leonidas on 30th December 2016, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.mythicgames.net
Biel
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 9:42 am

Thanks Léo to encourage such initiatives, all companies are not so open-minded.
I agree with you, I tried it and it is very promising Smile
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 12:26 pm

@Lopyod : Thanks for your feedback, man ! And your avatar is epic, ahah.

@Ken : Cool ! Btw, what you asked will come in the next update.

@Leonidas : Wow, I didn't expect that much ! Actually, maybe I should have sent a single mail to avoid confusion. ^^ If I have your support then, I'll open a thread for the app a bit later and I'll tell you there if I need anything to complete it. Thank you !

@Biel : Yeah, we are in a good place after all! And that's really sad those companies don't understand that most players just want their favorite games to succeed... not the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 2:28 pm

Hi Meanwhale,

and as Leo says, thanks for all your hard work.

Like Leo, I use iOs rather than android, so I'll not be mobile with it for a while. But the online version worked very nicely when I tried it.

You might want to add a post on your app to the MBP resources section so everyone can find it Smile

Back to top Go down
Biel
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty30th December 2016, 11:32 pm

Salut Meanwhale, encore merci pour ton application Smile

J'adore l'idée du pool limité d'unités draftables. Trouver des combos est sympa mais avec trop d'unités disponibles, on ne draft que pour comboter et plus pour bloquer son adversaire.

Si j'peux me permettre quelques demandes sur ce sujet, t'es-t-il possible de :
- Donner la possibilité de créer un pool de Divinités (Dieu ou Titan) parmi lequel choisir ? (Avec une réglette de 1 à 20 Divinités par exemple)
- En plus de proposer un pool limité en nombre de monstres/héros/troupes, proposer un pool limité en nombre de Points de Recrutement (RP) ?
Par exemple une réglette de 0 à X RP de monstres/héros et une de 0 à X troupes et/ou trois réglettes de 0 à X RP de monstres, 0 à X RP de héros et 0 à X troupes.
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty31st December 2016, 11:50 am

@Voice of Olympus : yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know where to create that thread actually. Smile

@Biel : hello, si tu me permets, je vais faire un quote de ce que tu demandes là dans le topic que je vais créer dans la section "resources", j'y répondrai et comme ça, ça évitera que mon post de présentation remonte sans cesse tout en haut !
Back to top Go down
Voice of Olympus
Herald
Voice of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty31st December 2016, 12:38 pm

Spotted your post in resources. Thanks meanwhale.
Back to top Go down
meanwhale
Villager
meanwhale

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty31st December 2016, 12:42 pm

No problem. ^^

For the ones that want to discuss about the app and didn't find the topic yet, here it is :
agoodplace.forumactif.com/t60-mobile-app-tools-for-mythic-battles#324
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meanwhale... not that mean though...   meanwhale... not that mean though... Empty

Back to top Go down

meanwhale... not that mean though...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A GOOD PLACE :: General :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: